Associate, Index Configuration Data
Description About this role
The Index Implementation team, part of the BlackRock Data & AI organization, is responsible for onboarding new or custom public indices on BlackRock's proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. BlackRock and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) clients utilize these indices as an integral part of investment and risk management, serving as benchmarks for Mutual Funds, ETFs, and Hedge Funds, Pensions, and other products. Index Implementation works closely with index vendors such as MSCI, S&P, FTSE, and Markit Partners, as well as internal partner teams including Client Analytics, Portfolio Management, Relationship Management and other BlackRock Data & AI groups. Index Implementation is a diverse and distributed team that service clients in all spectrums of the financial markets.
- Supply to all aspects of rolling out multiple concurrent new indices, across various asset classes and strategies in Aladdin, including vendor data acquisition, data mapping and normalization, process testing and automation, and quality control.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries and resolve problems from clients and internal BlackRock partners.
- Understand risk analytics of fixed income, equity and alternatives products to analyze index methodologies, collaborate with vendors, and build custom solutions the business.
- Initiate and drive Index platform improvements to support new business needs, minimize risk, and improve quality.
- Act as Business Analyst and Project Manager responsible for detailing client requirements, assessing potential solutions, and ensuring key achievements are met.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, with preference to business fields such as Finance, Accounting, or Economics, and technical subject areas such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- A "Student of the Markets" mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with an ability to connect across different functions and levels.
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in financial services.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, UNIX, or Python is a plus.
- Travel : No
- Direct Reports: No
- Licenses: No
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.