Associate Operations Analyst
The Role / Responsibilities:
RTS owns and manages the MIS Remediation Program, operational control framework and global tactical operations teams as well as supports the end-to-end transactional rating process through workflow coordination and rating desk services.
The Associate Ops Analyst serves a primary role in delivering key initiatives and managing business processes that are critical to the execution of MIS strategies and establishing standard operational objectives. Individual will work closely with a variety of key stakeholders within RTS and across the MIS organization.
• Perform global tactical operations activities and participate in cross-functional projects related to the end-to-end MIS ratings process, business transformation directives and evolving regulatory requirements
• Review and validate rating process output, including documents, reports and communications, to identify and remediate potential errors and ensure analysts are complying with regulatory requirements and Moody's policies, procedures and guidelines (e.g. Rating Committee documentation reviews, Analyst Assignment, Analyst Rotation, Conflict Management, etc.). Discuss findings with analysts, and coordinate with them to resolve any issues questions. Provide training to analysts on processes and guidelines as deemed necessary.
• Recommend opportunities to standardize operational business processes and enhance operating efficiency for the end-to-end rating process
• Perform root cause analysis, remediation and process improvements to strengthen operational controls and enhance business processes
• Communicate and meet with the analytical community and other Moody's teams (e.g. ODC and MIT) to resolve any requests or questions
• Develop Subject Matter Expertise on Rating Processes as well as Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
• Work with RTS team on new initiatives, including ensuring successful implementation and transition to Business As Usual, where applicable
• Regularly prepare senior management reporting and performance metrics
• Identify and track the status of outstanding projects (including issues, risks, and dependencies)
• Implement remediation efforts (e.g. MIS Remediation Program)
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures
• Collaborate with team members to develop and update content and training materials (e.g. communications, Guidelines, FAQ's, presentations, etc.)
• Graduate BCOM/BBA/ BA degree in business, finance/economics, management or similar field
• 2-5 years of business process or business analysis experiences with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to interact comfortably with different levels of management and articulate/present issues clearly and succinctly.
• Self-motivated with the ability to meet tight individual and/or group deadlines
• Team player with strong ability to adapt to change quickly and to balance multiple priorities
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to reach across organization to obtain information
• Highly organized and efficient, with an attention to detail and excellent communication skills
• Ability to facilitate, negotiate, and resolve interpersonal or inter-team conflicts
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel (VBA macros, advanced functions, etc.), Word and PowerPoint require.
• A flair for data interpretation and presentation using Excel and PowerPoint; other application would also be beneficial.
• Knowledge of Moody's rating systems, analysis tools and operational processes a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.