Document Management Associate - GUR
Description About this role
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide! As of July 17, 2020, BlackRock's AUM was $7.3 trillion, making it the largest asset manager globally. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a variety of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, the firm has approximately 16,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Africa!
BlackRock is seeking a support engineer to join the team responsible for BlackRock's collaboration platforms.
The candidate will be joining a distributed team of technologists responsible for day-to-day engineering support of BlackRock's collaboration platforms. This associate level position will be located in Gurgaon, India.
This is a highly-visible, hands-on role working directly with the collaboration platforms used across BlackRock. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. About BlackRock
- Becoming the recognized subject matter authority on BlackRock's collaboration platforms
- Acting as the customer concern point of contact for complicated issues
- Coordinating routine system improvements with various internal and external technology partners
- Ensuring continuous up-time and functionality of BlackRock's collaboration platforms
- Proactive monitoring to anticipate and prevent outages or end-user disruption
- Weekend patching
- Quality control and testing
- Establishing best-practices for engineering support of BlackRock's collaboration platforms
- Being ready to handle other assignments, as needed, when the situations arise
- 4+ years proven experience in a technology support / engineering role
- Direct support / engineering experience with collaboration platforms, including chat, file sharing, and other core functionality
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and partnership skills
- Experience working as a member of a distributed team
- Travel : No
- Direct Reports: No
- Licenses: No
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.