Financial Data Associate
The Role / Responsibilities:
Within Moody's Investors Service (MIS), the Rating Transaction Services (RTS) group owns and manages the MIS Remediation Program, operational control framework and global tactical operations teams as well as supports the end-to-end transactional rating process through workflow coordination and rating desk services. RTS is looking for a Financial Data Associate to join the Gurgaon MIS Support Center (MSC) team.
As a Financial Data Associate, you will work in a dedicated team supporting an established workflow management process. In this role, you will be required to understand an operational process, manage internal and external requests, review documents to perform data integrity checks, provide a high level of service and track and report on activity.
• Monitor internal and external requests for Moody's Credit Estimate product, interpret the available information to identify in-scope cases for the process
• Record request details in Moody's workflow management tool to facilitate analysis process.
• Review and analyse financial documents received from customers and ensure the completeness of package as per process requirements; if needed, source required documents including outreach to internal customers
• Create/ update workflow pipeline reports using excel tools, highlighting focus areas to stakeholders
• Collaborate with regional team members to procure missing documents, solve problems, build consensus on and make recommendations for a path forward when faced with an obstacle or new scenario
• Monitor shared mailbox and respond proactively or route appropriately to close out open items
• Develop subject matter expertise to facilitate educated decision-making when faced with an exceptional scenario not covered by the process steps
• Proactively liaise with team leaders, managers and regional business partners to discuss and resolve open questions and brainstorm ideas/opportunities to improve and strengthen the operating environment
• Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and business partners, and be a helpful and responsive resource to the immediate team and managers
• Identify and update process documentations; make recommendations for efficiency opportunities
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business.
• Postgraduate in any stream, or graduate with minimum 1 year experience with good academic results
• Some work experience in financial sector and/or relevant internship experience a plus
• Strong MS office skills, intermediate to advanced Excel skills preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete transactional processes without error
• Able to confidently follow a process and rapidly develop subject matter expertise without the need for continual quality checks on work
• Resourceful and proactive, continually seeking ways to make improvements in the process/team/work environment
• Willing to take ownership and pride in the process and the team's deliverables, and motivated to provide a high level of service
• Highly organized and efficient; able to juggle multiple in-progress deliverables and move them forward
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team atmosphere as a supportive, helpful team member
• Capable of managing and prioritizing high workload volumes
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.