Java Stack Engineer, Analyst
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
Aladdin is the enterprise investment platform used by BlackRock and our clients to manage trillions in holdings across varied asset classes at locations around the world. The Platform Engineering team is tasked with developing our core technology platform including our messaging infrastructure, data services, developer tools and data science platform. Within Platform Engineering, the Real Time team develops large-scale, scalable, low latency and high-volume applications, tools and APIs for delivery of Intraday Market Content.
Market Data team is at the forefront of getting Real Time Intraday Market Content into BlackRock and Aladdin while enabling applications on Aladdin platform to leverage market data to perform different types of analytics using financial and pricing models, do risk management, reporting, portfolio and asset management. Role description
The team is looking for an ambitious hands-on software developer to work on an exciting strategic product to expand our Aladdin Platform. Working with a global team and be a part of an outstanding group of engineers setting, evolving the technology direction of our upcoming suit of applications for Portfolio Management. Passionate about multiple aspects of enterprise software development - Performance, Scale, Resilience, Usability and Maintainability.
As a developer in the Market Data team you will be building out our real time intraday and historical market data delivery platform. You will be working with a variety of technologies from our evolving cloud native data tools to more traditional applications. This market data is sourced from multiple external vendors such as TradeWeb, Markit, Bloomberg, Refinitiv, ICE, MarketAxess, to name a few.
As a member of team, you will have opportunity to interact with various stake holders within Aladdin Business, get requirements, design and develop next gen applications & APIs which are rich, scalable, robust, low latency and high volume. You will also be responsible for onboarding market data feeds into BlackRock. Y ou will be encouraged and empowered to bring your ideas forward to help shape the technical solutions. Making you become a strong team player in our distributed and diverse global team. You also have the opportunity to present your innovative ideas to leaders across the firm. Key responsibilities:
- Develop a high-performance, robust, rich, high volume and low latency streaming platform
- Work with external vendor technologies, libraries and API such as available from Refinitiv, Bloomberg
- Standardize and evolve our market data onboarding and streaming platform
- Contribute to the open source community and maintain excellent knowledge of the technical landscape for data tooling
- Be involved in the complete software development life-cycle, including working with the production operations team to prepare and execute releases
- Work with the business teams to understand requirements, develop solutions, incorporate them into the designs of our components, and be able to defend decisions that were made
- Assist in troubleshooting issues, support the operation of production software, and handle queries from business teams
Strong Java foundation with expertise in core Java w/ Collections, Multithreading & Concurrency, In Memory Caches, Spring Framework, Web Sockets, Cassandra, Kafka, Python 3.0, Hadoop, Solr, Unit Testing Frameworks, Sybase, Oracle. Experience with web development (such as Angular, Type Script), CI/ CD tools like Maven, Jenkins, 4D, SONAR, Azure Dev Ops, Cloud and many others
Nice to have: Financial background with experience in Bloomberg, Refinitiv (TR) Elektron (EMA, RFA, UPA and ETA) & Eikon technologies Skills, experience and education:
- A passion for engineering high performance data platforms
- 2 - 3 years building enterprise grade components with experience working with data delivery or transformation
- Min. 1+ years working with a modern development language and related platforms
- Working experience with containers, CI/CD tools and best practices
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of building and deploying distributed systems
- Passion for small, testable code that performs well
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.