Sr. Developer- Java
The senior Java developer is responsible for maintaining existing application in the system. He/She will collaborate with technology cross-commits and business teams to understand requirements to be implemented and recommend right and scalable solution by adhering to required quality standards. He/She will work with India and US counterparts to implement and the work requests for enhancements setting accurate expectations with technology and business partners at mutually agreed upon milestones and timelines. This role requires capability to write micro services, shell scripts, write java code and write SQL queries. Candidate should also have excellent technical knowledge, team player, self motivated individual. Responsibilities
• Manage delivery, priority and distribution of responsibilities to employee and vendor developers.
• Design and code to meet business specifications.
• Provide input on best practices and procedures. Pro actively incorporate, define & communicate the coding standard across the team.
• Collaborate with cross-commit teams for implementation of deliverables in test and production environments.
• Prioritize and manage work requests for changes and enhancements based on business requirements.
• Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated.
• Conduct and participate in Code and design Reviews, support and maintain existing code/application.
• Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated. Required Qualifications
• 5-7.5 years of experience coding and/or designing and managing java applications deployed on Linux O/S.
• Experience in debugging production issues from front to back that includes database analysis, design and development, security support, and performance tuning
• Excellent SQL knowledge and ability to write the complex queries keeping performance aspect in mind.
• Foundational knowledge of any of the scripting language like Python, Power Shell etc.
• Should be very competent in Core Java, J2EE, XML, Spring framework, JMS, Websphere MQ.
• Be able to support production release after thorough training.
• Working of 1-2 year experience in AWS will be good to have.
• Candidate must have experience in 2-3 years of working experience in BFSI domain. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience on ETL tools such as Informatica or equivalent.
• Exposure to reporting tool like Power BI, SSRS, Tableau or Excel.
• JQuery, Extensive Knowledge of SQL Server.