Tech Operations Analyst
To deliver a robust and responsive service along with technical expertise within a 2nd & 3rd line support team. Role provides 2nd and 3rd line technical support and advice function for both internal Threadneedle users and external business partners, across all Threadneedle's platforms and services. Responsibilities
Incident and Request Management
• Take ownership of Incidents and Requests assigned to the team ensuring they are completed within SLA.
• Identify and implement key service improvements to ensure an effective and efficient Incident and Request management process.
• Communicate effectively to both internal and external users.
• Escalate and manage incidents with the potential to cause an extended service outage, or where service levels are not being met, according to procedures in place.
• Ensure incidents and requests are:
- Accurately record resolution of Incidents and Service Requests to quality standards ensuring the information provided is sufficient for future investigation.
- Accurately record and prioritise Incidents and Service Requests against suitable SLAs and resolution targets.
- Aim to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible through the investigation, diagnosis and resolution of incidents where possible.
- Continually monitor internal Wintel queues for new requests.
- Escalate incidents with the potential to cause an extended service outage, or where service levels are not being met, according to procedures in place.[SG1]•Identify candidates for Problem Management and feed into the Problem Management process.
The Wintel Team will provide support across the following technologies:
Must Have :
- PowerShell scripting and toolsets for automation of Technology tasks
Good to Have
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Bitbucket & Confluence
- Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2, 2016 & 2016 server core
- Hyper-V 2012 R2
- Active Directory
- Office 365 / Azure
- Microsoft System Centre (SCVMM, SCCM & SCOM)
Added Workstreams :
- VMWAR ESXi 6
- Managing certificates (PKI)
- DNS management (Internal & external)
- SAN Storage administration
- Telephony (Lync and Cisco technologies)
- Remote Support Tools
- An understanding of network technologies
All technologies in use across ColumbiaThreadneedle
Team Role•Actively monitor the teams' workflow to ensure all incident and requests are completed within SLA. [SG2]
• Assist and have input into maintaining CTI's service catalogue and knowledge base to enable the prompt resolution of incidents, support and administration requests within agreed service levels. Keep abreast of evolving CTI technologies and identify potential opportunities for learning.
• Knowledge share across different tiers of support aiming to maximise the first-time fix rate at the CTI Service Desk
• Through the effective use of a knowledge base, ensure sharing and transfer of knowledge both within the immediate team and across other teams within CTI IT Service Delivery.
• Where appropriate, ensure support and maintenance provided by 3rd party suppliers and contractors is delivered within agreed service levels.
• Identify cost effective opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions to meet customer and user requirements, where appropriate.
• In agreement with the Wintel Team Lead, look for opportunities for team development in a manner consistent with company policy and procedures
• Develop internal team processes to ensure the integrity and quality of the service provision is maintained. Where possible, look for and propose opportunities to improve these at all times.
• Participate in a rota system to provide cover between 07:00 and 1800 Monday to Friday (as appropriate).
• Participate in an on call rota to provide 24x7 support
• Overtime as required, e.g. (power down, out of hours fixes for production environment).
• Escalate situations arising from customer complaints to the IT Service Manager.
• Work closely and build good working relationships with our American partners. Required Qualifications
• 3-5 Years of experience with BE/BTech/MCA background in education.
Focusing largely on scripting and automation the role replaces a contract position tasked with analyzing Wintel tasks and introducing automation. The remit is to remove repetitive tasks & minimize the risk of human error by adopting a zero-touch methodology.
The automation tools used today are a mixture of PowerShell, SCCM, SCVMM and a PowerShell Just Enough Administration (JEA) service.
The primary expectation of this role is automation via PowerShell or Python and preferably both but experience using other tools such as ScienceLogic would be useful.
You will have advanced scripting skills and be able to articulate an impressive arsenal of toolsets you have developed, empowering your team to utilize automation modules. This role is not for someone who can write one or two lines of PowerShell.
You will also be proficient in managing version-controlled source code and documenting your scripts via Confluence to a standard required for an FCA regulated company. Preferred Qualifications
The Wintel team manage a broad suite of technologies. Although not in use today we will be introducing AWS, Ansible and ScienceLogic to the list of Technologies managed by the team.
Wintel are primarily a hosting team so experience in Hyper-V, Windows clustering and SCVMM are desirable as are SCOM, SCCM, F5, CommVault and NetApp storage.
Any experience of these would be a bonus but not essential