Head of IT - India
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, Inde Mumbai Maharashtra IN
- CDI, Plein-temps
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 20 mai 18 2018-05-20
Direct and manage all information technology needs for the business from preparing the IT plans, evaluating systems, to overseeing installation of the systems, to ensure cost effective IT support. Govern day-to-day operations of the regional IT to achieve timely, accurate, and uninterrupted delivery of IT services.
The Head of IT is accountable to coordinate with Head Office team and manage overall operation of the Information Technology applications, communications (voice and data), and computing services within the region. The role provides a vision of how technology is applied within the regional office. The key areas include developing technology roadmaps, governance over IT operations, vendor management, regulatory compliance and business relationship management.
JOB CONTEXT / DIMENSIONS
The job holder should ensure continued IT support for the Bank's strategic business plan in the international region. The job holder’s responsibilities include ensuring support for the applications, network, data storage, operating systems, internet and internal security systems.
This role is expected work closely with Head Office - IT to support the regional business operations.
- Prepare the plan of IT activities to ensure continued IT support for the Bank's strategic plans in the region.
- Provide leadership role in the design and implementation of the IT systems and architectures for better performance and high availability.
- Together with the Head - IT International, Subsidiaries & Strategic Projects and Head office management, provide direction on the use of emerging technologies for IT systems
- Evaluate the IT systems against business needs, both present and future, and recommend cost effective viable solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and support to local business units to ensure smooth functioning of IT operations at the international branch
- Develop plans for migration of technologies to support necessary future directions.
- Plan, prepare and monitor the IT Budget in line with the business strategy.
- Work with the regional compliance manager, business management and Head office teams to understand, analyze, articulate and address the local regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Review Group IT policies and provide country specific addendums to address the local regulatory and business requirements
- Adopt and adapt Group IT Processes and standards to address the business needs
- In coordination with the Head Office teams, manage and deliver the regulatory, audit, governance and risk related initiatives in the region.
- Regularly report to the Head Office the key risks, major incidents, key changes, audit observations status, regulatory compliance and policy requirements.
- Work with various stakeholders in the region and HO and set priorities to the implementation and roll out of IT Services in the region.
- Provide recommendations on sourcing decisions impacting IT Services.
- Act as the main escalation point within ITD for risks and issues concerning the local IT Services.
- Monitor the efficiency of service provided by the vendors and initiate appropriate actions.
- Works closely with Head Office personnel in identifying, evaluating, and selecting specific services to support the business plans.
- Regularly monitor and report the KPIs of IT Services to ensure alignment with SLAs and minimize deviations.
- Provide management and direction for the local IT Team including: Setting priorities, coordinating work efforts, and reporting to Group.
- Review the status of projects impacting the region and provide recommendations.
- Provide technical support and consultancy, when required.
The Head of IT has full authority to act in association with the Head-IT International, Subsidiaries & Strategic Projects and Manager -IT International & Subsidiaries when necessary.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in a technical field or Computer Science discipline.
- Experience of at least 10 years in information technology and service management.
- Strong knowledge of contracting, negotiation, organization development, change management, technology trends, service management and strategic planning.
- Extensive knowledge of automated systems including software, hardware, telecommunications and in particular, information technology architecture in a banking environment.
- Significant executive experience and knowledge of the enterprise business is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical judgment and communication abilities are critical.
- Previous leadership, management and supervisory experience.
- People management, team leadership and project management skills and experience.