Teaml.2-Client Onboarding Off, AVP/VP
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
This role is with Credit Suisse AG Mumbai Branch
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standard Private Banking Client Onboarding Services team in Mumbai supports Front Office with the relationship onboarding and account lifecycle management processes, from account opening to maintenance of client accounts during its lifecycle.
This role will be focused on providing support to Front Office on all client onboarding and lifecycle management related matters, including Client Due Diligence ('CDD'), Know-Your-Customer ('KYC'), Source-of-Wealth ('SoW') and documentation formalities requirements, in view of the Financial Crime Compliance program for the Private Banking APAC business. This role will also provide guidance to Front Office, which enables "getting it right first time" for new client account opening and maintenance submissions, in accordance to the Bank's policies, standards, and applicable local legal and regulatory requirements.
Client Onboarding & Lifecycle Management Manager is a people leadership role and will be required to:
- Managing a team of Client Onboarding Experts that focuses on providing support to Front Office on matters related to the client onboarding & lifecycle management processes, in particularly Client Due Diligence ('CDD'), Know-Your-Customer ('KYC'), Source-of-Wealth ('SoW') and documentation formalities requirements.
- Performing independent review on customer identification, document formalities of different types of accounts (including individual, corporate and trusts accounts) and ensure all accounts satisfy the required standards before onboarding
- Performing name searches in adverse news systems and first level discounting of negative news hits.
- Performing data capture and validation in the Client Relationship Management as well as relevant back office system(s)
- Be the single point of contact/case manager for Front Office, for new client onboarding & lifecycle management requests
- Providing Client Onboarding, Periodic Review and Change-in-Circumstance Due Diligence related guidance to Relationship Managers in Private Bank, in view of establishing highest levels of quality upfront and getting it right first time
- Upholding the highest standards of control, always keeping data integrity in mind while carrying out day-to-day tasks
- Staying relevant with the latest regulatory, policy and procedural requirements
- Taking ownership of relevant procedural documentation and ensure procedures are updated on a timely basis
- Raising higher risk matters or regulatory questions to the Financial Crime Compliance team
- Providing support for any regulatory related, audit, review requirements
- Preparing and conducting training on client onboarding processes as required
- Seek to deliver continuous operational improvements, in view of the changing operating and regulatory environment
- Ensuring that your KYC / SoW knowledge is up-to-date and in alignment with internal (policies and procedures) as well as external (regulatory) requirements
- Participating in change-the-bank activities & projects in view of Private Bank's strategic objectives and vision
- Any other tasks assigned by the manager or department head
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Possess at least 6 years of relevant experience in KYC/CDD experience in Private Banking/Wealth Management
- At least 3 years working experience in people management and have a strong track record in leading small teams
- A reasonable understanding of KYC requirements in Asia
- Acquired relevant academic qualifications: University Graduate with Bachelor of Law/ Accounting/ Finance / Business/ Economics
- Proactive and a self-starter, with a positive can-do approach!
- Possess strong problem solving skills, and have the ability to apply risk-based assessment in handling of complex cases or issues.
- A teammate who is committed to service delivery excellence and always has the bank and clients' best interests in mind
- Demonstrate the capability to build and maintain productive relationships at all levels with key internal clients including business, operations and colleagues in Legal and Compliance
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Can multi-task and work under pressure
- Proficient in using MS Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.