Senior Developer - Java
This team member will help in implementing the business needs and implement core business functionality. To do this we are looking for a highly motivated Individual & Technically strong Contributor to implement business needs and support business functions.
He/She will develop efficient code and ensure the code is tested for by writing unit & integration tests to ensure validity on business scenarios (existing or newly developed).
Besides just writing code the person should be able to understand business and system requirements should be able to provide Engineering solutions by using sound Solution design & proven practices. Responsibilities
• Write Unit & Integration Tests to ensure validity on business scenarios
• Translate the functional requirements into technical requirements and design.
• Provide application support and do application troubleshooting as needed.
• Support production release after thorough training. Required Qualifications
Bachelors/Master degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent.
Person should have experience between 5 to 7 years in disciplines including:
• Strong programming fundamentals & algorithms primarily implemented in Java language.
• Good in UNIX scripting (primarily bash).
• Highly competent in Core Java, J2EE, XML, Spring framework, JMS, Websphere MQ.
• Should be Able to independently code with minimal oversight.
• Should be process oriented, with a clear understanding of Software Development life cycle.
• Should have worked on agile projects and been through all phases of agile development.
• Hands on experience in developing & maintaining Single Page Applications.
• Should have excellent communication skills, should be able to interact with business system analysts and get clear understanding of requirements. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience on Mainframe - COBOL and PACBASE.
• Experience on ETL tools such as Informatica or equivalent. About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.