Director - Reference Data & Market Data Development Lead
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Overview
Market Data & Reference Data Services provides client and exchange connectivity, trading and real-time pricing services, and referential data as a central service to all business divisions and functions across Credit Suisse. Our operating model is hub locations in Wroclaw and Pune using a mixed sourcing model of employees and managed capacity contracts, with smaller hi-touch functions across the globe. The Service includes 24x6 Operational Support, Business Analysis, Application Development, Inventory Management, Invoice Processing, and Financial Management. Given the sensitivity of these Services stability, quality and reliability are all critical success factors.
We seek a senior Development and Operational Leader at Director Level to manage all parts of our services delivered by our Pune teams and with site leadership for the broader function in this location. This role is incredibly important as Pune is our main Operational and Development Centre for all our Services, and involves the management of multiple functions on a headcount of approx.100 people. The role will also include Regional Management activities including building the Credit Suisse brand in Pune, university graduate hiring, philanthropy, and local management decisions.
The successful candidate will join the management committees and steering bodies for our Services and will influence Operational ad Application Development processes and help Credit Suisse IT become more agile and efficient and as such will work collaboratively with IT India Head and OpCo for human capital & regional initiatives.
- Leading all the Service functions from our Pune location delivered by a multi-disciplined group of highly technical SMEs.
- Ensuring the team correctly manages significant Operational issues that occur within the Service, taking personal ownership of the most severe issues. Implement lesson learnt from incidents, continuous improvement processes and an SRE mind-set.
- Managing and transform the Application Development function into a core service for the overall Group, implementing DevSecOps practices and Agile, improving efficiency, quality of the software and the cost of the Service. Implement appropriate standards for Application Development throughout the delivery process.
- Seek to ensure the appropriately skilled resources are available to fulfil the Development roadmap and that we achieve efficiencies by combining the Development activities across different projects.
- Delivering a workforce plan that provides a level of flex that retains the resources with key skills on a captive model and reduce our dependency on external suppliers.
- Relationship management with our managed capacity providers, facilitating the preparation of third party supplier contracts in conjunction with Procurement.
- Mentoring and encouragement of staff, performance management, career development, building local seniority, and championing diversity.
- Building strong positive relationship with peers, suppliers and customers to make sure the team delivers on client priorities and projects.
- Assisting in regional Pune leadership, joining the broader leadership committee, building the CS brand in region, helping improve staff retention, creating a diverse management structure to get the very best from the overall CTO team in region.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standard You Offer
- Degree educated or relevant senior Operational or Application Development experience. Experience in leading a diverse set of technologists including, Operational Support, Application Developers, Project Managers and Business Analysts
- Experience in handling major operational incidents, restoring service, managing business partners, and implementing lessons learnt in an SRE model.
- Ability to build a strong Operational and Development governance model to measure the health of the service and application software delivery with meaningful Key Performance Indicators, taking action to maintain stability, improve efficiency and quality while implementing DevSecOps and Agile!
- Strong proficiency in domain expertise or understanding of the front to back flows of the Bank and how Market or Reference Data supports these business processes.
- Technical or transformational leader in a global management role with the ability to create excellent positive relationships with customers, suppliers and peers.
- A chance to lead, empower, encourage and build a diverse team of highly capable subject specialist
- Pragmatic with a high level of flexibility and can make hard decisions on what is the right thing to do with calmness
- A team leader who is committed to service delivery excellence and always has the bank and clients' best interests in mind
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative whilst working collaboratively
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.