ENO- Legal Entity Accounting and Review
The Legal Entity Controllers sit in the Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) Process and are the main point of contact to the Stakeholder Managers for all financial information, including both routine and ad-hoc requirements, related to a single or a group of Legal Entities.
LEAR's purpose is to support the Group Finance team and the Regional Legal Entity Finance teams in the fulfilment of their reporting and governance responsibilities via the delivery of materially accurate, policy- and GAAP-compliant core financials and baseline analytical review.
They are accountable (for a given Legal Entity or group of legal entities) for ensuring that financial reporting processes and controls in place within Financial & Management Accounting & Reporting (FMAR) are fit for purpose and that the quality of the outputs produced as a result meets business partners requirements (accurate, timely, etc).
Legal Entity Controllers are within and part of the process owner organisation.
- Assist/Support the Legal Entity Close of books and records in accordance with local and group accounting policies and timelines and local and group materiality
- Ensure compliance with US, Swiss, IFRS and local GAAPs and regulatory reporting where applicable; the LEC will draw on the expertise of the Accounting Policy and Assurance Group (APAG) and the business partners as required;
- You will conduct first level of challenge and analyze information provided to gain reasonable assurance as to the quality and reliability of the information being obtained as necessary (e.g. ensure data integrity, conduct baseline analytical review, check key performance indicators adequacy; ensure appropriate hands-off, etc). Further, the LEC needs to understand potential hand-off related issues and ensure relevant functions understand the consequences
- Work closely with other upstream departments such as Operations, Product Control, Tax, Payroll, and others as applicable;
- Place reliance on process owners within FMAR and consider process outputs/ key point indicators/dashboards in order to satisfy themselves with the outcome of the full set of FMAR processes for their entity
- You have a deep understanding of the significant controls and processes within control and reporting that impact the entity, you obtain comfort that control improvement plans and put it in place wherever control issues are identified. You will bring up control issues in upstream functions to the relevant departments to ensure appropriate remediation plans are established and executed
- You will be required to communicate from time to time and raise significant issues to process managers.
- Dedicatedly support Organisational Change initiatives and constantly review processes for efficiencies by challenging status-quo of existing processes/practices.
- Assist manager with improvement in execution and new business initiatives.
- You possess a professional accountancy qualification along with 2-3 years of work experience post qualification
- You have knowledge of GAAP accounting requirements and ERP systems
- You have a deep understanding of key aspects associated with the financial documents of the legal entity
- Knowledge of the key processes that feed the legal entity reporting-relevant data and the related hand-offs amongst other departments;
- Knowledge of reporting systems and respective upstream feeds including an understanding of potential impacts on the end-to-end reporting flows
- Knowledge of the key processes for maintaining the accounting ledgers of the legal entity. The LEC should understand the data flows and related financial accounting controls for material and/ or higher risk balances within a legal entity's general ledger;
- You have appropriate product knowledge and a deep understanding of control standards by which the legal entity and firm is governed, including those established by the Pan Finance OpRisk Control & SOX 404 Compliance function;
- High level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- You are a dedicated and ambitious individual with the ability to multitask in a complex and dynamic work environment and are an excellent problem solver