Java Solutions Architect, VP
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Group Operations is one of the Corporate Functions embedded in the COO Organization of Credit Suisse.
As part of group operation solution, there are multiple development team working across cash, securities, confirmations, reconciliations and OTC platforms and many more. Providing variety of exposure to system and people involved across these areas. Group operation solutions is working towards many pivotal initiatives to move away from legacy system and create re-usable assets. You would be part of OTC trade validation team providing Solution architectural suggestions and interacting with other tech teams. Participate in Management committee for value creation discussions.
We provide employees with exciting opportunities to demonstrate and develop an ambitious attitude. When joining the team, you will be given a range of tools to help guide your career and realize your full potential.
People are at the heart of our business. We have built a fully inclusive and collaborative workplace where different opinions are valued and contributions are recognized.
To take part in shaping the firm and building your career, join us!
- We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Ownership of technical designs, code development, and component test execution to demonstrate alignment to the functional specification.
- Using configuration management and integration/build automation tools to lead and deploy implemented code.
- Applying knowledge of common, relevant architecture frameworks in defining and evaluating application architectures.
- Performing code reviews and providing critical suggestions for fixes and improvements.
- Supporting issue analysis and fix activities during test phases, as well as production issue resolution.
- Fixing and performance tuning applications.
- Developing and demonstrating a broad set of technology skills in Java/MS.NET technologies, micro service design patterns, Open Source libraries and frameworks, and technology architecture concepts.
- Collaborating within a project team comprised of hardworking employees with diverse and complementary skills.
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- A successful project/product implementation with minimal of 12-14 years of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Pair programming and Test Driven Development.
- Proficiency in Java must, skillset should be holistic to support full stack development processes, and you have skills on No-SQL/SQL databases along with knowledge of database languages.
- Understand the existing technology & implementation of business application and recommend the strategy to develop & deliver with strategic architecture recommendations.
- Hands-on Test Driven Development experience and able to author Unit, Integration and Functional Tests.
- Good OO-skills and in addition, must demonstrate strong familiarity of design patterns.
- Experience practicing pair programming in a team is an advantage
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and client-facing
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of cloud technologies ie. SaaS , PaaS, IaaS. Good to have, experience on public cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
- Strong experience on delivering and developing Cloud native applications conforming to twelve-factor App methodology and while using Public Cloud PaaS Services. Excellent understanding of Container Orchestration platforms such as OpenShift is good to have.
- Experience in defining Cloud based modern data platform architecture using Cloud native data services. Outstanding understanding of Apache Spark & Delta will be highly required.
- Detailed understanding of Public Cloud infrastructure concepts and ability to define solution architecture catering for High Availability and Disaster recovery. Additionally good proven experience on Cloud Security and Networking concepts is strongly required.
- Experience developing enterprise application using Agile methodologies and experience implementing DevOps practices and delivering Cloud automation using popular products such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, ARM, Jenkins, PowerShell etc
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.