Chief Information Officer (CIO)
The Interactive Brokers Group is one of the leading global brokers with a well established technology driven culture. We have selected Dublin, Ireland as the future headquarters for our European business and are seeking bright, motivated, entrepreneurial people to help launch what we expect to be one of the Group's leading operations. Chief Information Officer (CIO)
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the accountable head of technology and information strategy, technology operations, and IT risk management governance at the organization.
The CIO will oversee the effective execution of the IT strategy, manage all IT operations, and be responsible for all aspects of data protection an cybersecurity. The individual in this role will also act in an advisory capacity across all functions of the organization with respect to IT and all aspects of operations, change and transformation agendas.
This is a PCF-49 position, so the appointment to this role is subject to the approval of the Central Bank of Ireland. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining the information and technology operating model for Irish and EU operations.
- Providing the Group Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Managing Director (MD Ireland) with transparency on information strategy, operations, risk exposure and remediation options.
- Instituting a cybersecurity and data protection program aligned with the Group's program and pertinent regulations.
- Managing information strategy and technology operations in line with regulatory and policy requirements (e.g. CBI, ECB, PRA/FCA requirements).
- Formulating and executing the IT strategy.
- Proven experience as CIO.
- A leader with strong influencing and negotiating skills, with the presence, intellect and knowledge to establish rapport and credibility at all levels of the business.
- Independent and decisive with willingness to challenge, and tenacity and resilience to ensure divisional accountabilities within a Group model and approach.
- Proactive operating style with ability to identify issues - and potential solutions - before they impact on the business.
- Very sound judgement and commercial acumen with high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Highly resilient and organised.
- Proven ability to operate in a business environment with dual and matrix reporting lines and delivery through virtual teams.
- Experience / knowledge of current and emerging technology trends.
This job is a controlled function as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that the appointee meets the requirements as set out in the Fitness and Probity standards issued by the Central Bank. This requires the company to complete prescribed due diligence to assess the appointee's fitness and probity.
You will be part of a team that is building one of the world's strongest brokerage brands, and part of a global enterprise that employs technology in all aspects of its business to generate growth. Company Profile
Interactive Brokers Ireland Limited, a subsidiary of publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Australia and Singapore.
Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info