- Dublin, Leinster, Irlande
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 09 oct. 18
About Aon Insurance Managers:
Aon Insurance Managers (Dublin) Limited (“AIMD”) is a division of Aon Global Risk Consulting (AGRC)/Aon Captive & Insurance Management (ACIM), and specialises in alternative risk transfer, risk finance and the formation & management of captive insurance companies. AIMD is the local market leader in its business sector, employing 55 staff and providing services to 50 client companies, the majority of which are captive (re)insurance companies insuring risks of their parent companies. The balance of companies we manage include Commercial Insurance Companies, Pure Reinsurance Companies, Reinsurance Agencies and Finance Companies.
Aon Insurance Managers (Dublin) Limited is recruiting a Compliance Officer for a fulltime position, to join its Compliance Practice Group and to provide assistance to the team. The Compliance Practice Group has a dual role of responsibility:
(i) Local compliance requirements for AIMD clients and the AIMD local entity, and
(ii) To be part of the Global Compliance Team (GCT), who are based in Dublin. The role of the GCT is to work closely with the ACIM Group Head of Risk and Compliance, dealing with requests from the ACIM Risk Committee and act as a point of escalation for global ACIM office risk and compliance issues. It also includes providing adhoc risk & compliance support for ACIM offices globally as required.
It is intended that the compliance officer would work in both of the above-mentioned areas.
Duties and Responsibilities will involve:
- Acting as Compliance officer or Compliance consultant for a portfolio of client companies
- Trusted advisor to ACIM Dublin and client companies of ACIM Dublin
- Responsibility for embedding global risk & compliance culture at local office level
- Ensure all compliance and regulatory obligations, AML, are met at local , client and global level
- Responsible for ensuring adequate compliance processes and monitoring tools are in place in the various teams.
- Working closely with other compliance team members, other client servicing teams within AIMD, and liaising with other ACIM domicile offices as required.
- Have a clear understanding of EU legislation, Irish legislation, and the regulatory environment which governs our clients and AIMD.
- Provide support to business teams in their role as managers or consultant to the client companies
- Strive for best practice in this key area and support the team to continue to meet risk & compliance standards.
- Provide compliance training to staff members and clients as required
- Working on various Global and local adhoc projects.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated, with strong interpersonal skills, a strong team ethic,
- Have proven experience in a similar role, and /or have a number of years’ experience as Compliance Officer for regulated (re)Insurance entities
- Have completed or a willingness to complete the ACOI’s Professional Diploma in Compliance
- Be professionally qualified ideally in Insurance, Finance, Law or Risk Management or another relevant profession.
- Be familiar with Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) regulation and EU Solvency II Regulations
- Insurance and captive experience in particular would be an advantage
- Experience in Co. secretarial, external or internal audit would be an advantage
- Have a strong customer focus, commercial acumen,
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines, prioritise workload and deliver on objectives
- Strong computer skills - Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications
- Fluent English, written and spoken is essential for this role
- Energetic individual, effective communicator with strong team ethic,
- Strong organisational, administration and ability to work on their own initiative
- Accuracy and ability to work to deadlines
- Commercially focused
- Problem solving attitude
- Integrity and Trustworthiness
Career progression within Aon is our stated goal and longer term targets will be established.
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits
Aon Global Risk Consulting/ Aon Captive and Insurance Management
Aon offers many different and challenging career opportunities within the group to the successful appplicant. Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise, respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our customers and our success.