Data Governance Sepcialist
- Dublin, Leinster, Irlande
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fidelity International
- 08 nov. 18
As Data Governance Specialist you will promote the Data Governance Framework across the Organisation. You'll achieve this by supporting the business data owners, data stewards and data stakeholders in meeting standards and policies.
This role is part of the FIL Data Governance Office, a relatively new team within Fidelity. The team supports the global organisation by working with Data Stewards and Data Owners to ensure the quality of the organisations data is accurate and available, in a timely manner, for those that have an appropriate business need for the data. The team has ownership of the FIL Data Governance Framework and supporting standards and processes. The future responsibilities of the team may change as the Framework is further rolled out across the organisation and regulatory requirements for data in the industry are increasing.
What you'll do
The purpose of the Data Governance Specialist role is to provide support to the Senior Manager and promote the Data Governance Framework across the Organisation.
This will be achieved by supporting the business data owners, data stewards and data stakeholders with respect to meeting the Data Governance standards and policy.
You will be expected to take responsibility for running the oversight processes on the FIL Data Directory and the SharePoint site on the Fidelity Source.
The team is a small team so the role would be varied to support the managers in driving forward the data governance strategy in particular the data quality initiatives.
This will require you to support the business in resolving the issues in Data quality, timeliness, accessibility and ensuring availability to both clients and internal data consumers.
Areas of focus are likely to be varied; it is expected to include master reference data, customer data, product data, performance data, pricing data, and fund accounting data and trading data.
- Proven operational experience within an Asset Management Company where you have work in operational roles such as Fund Accounting, Middle Office, Fund Set ups etc. where you understand the end to end processing of such departments.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and are competent at managing your own time and the time of others, you can handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
- Good experience in desktop analytical and formatting skills including Excel, Basic SQL, Basic VBA or other scripting language.
- An understanding of Data Governance & Data Management best practice in the industry.
- An understanding of Data Architecture, Metadata, Data Lifecycles, Data Quality Standards and Logical Data Modelling practices.
- The ability to understand and produce moderately complex data flows. [Data Lineage]
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and to navigate complex decision points
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to promote culture change across the organisation for Data Governance.
- Dynamic "can do" attitude with a strong desire to improve and make things happen
- Excellent Microsoft office skills [Excel, VBA, Power BI]
- An understanding of Regulatory and Compliance requirements
- Previous Experience of working in data management and an understanding of data governance practices in a financial services business
- Experience in facilitating workshops employing different techniques to lead participants to consensus
- Good understanding of Data Governance enabling technologies
- Degree-educated; either in a financial discipline or else IT
- 3-5+ years' experience working in the asset management industry
- Any Recognised industry qualifications pertaining to Data would be advantageous
The following values are considered to be fundamental to the way in which we work:
- Think Like an Entrepreneur
- Earn the Client's Trust
- Act with Integrity
- Make it Happen
- Customer Orientation and Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Influencing and negotiation
- Initiating and adapting to change: Process improvements, Flexibility
- Information Gathering
- Problem Analysis
- Planning & Implementation
- Need for Excellence - Quality Orientation