EFX Java Developer
- Dublin, Leinster, Irlande Dublin Leinster IE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 juin 18 2018-06-23
EFX Java Developer
Corporate Title: Up to Vice President (Up to VP)
Line of Business: Global Tech and Operations
A great opportunity as a dedicated EFX Java Developer is available for a talented individual to work in a dynamic growing tech environment.
The Global Currencies group is a growing visionary organisation, which is involved in the marketing and trading of a full range of FX instruments. The IT group that supports this multi-region business is part of a global team based in Singapore, London and the U.S.
You will have experience working in a front office e-trading platform development team and have extraordinary development skills in Java on Linux / UNIX.
You will also have solid OO design skills with an emphasis on distributed low latency, high availability systems, including algorithmic execution engines, CEP, trade & order lifecycle management, pricing and risk management.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Excellent Java developer skills
- Deep experience in distributed low latency and high availability systems development
- The role would involve extending and supporting the institutional electronic FX algorithmic execution system
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Kanban) and continuous integration
- Excellent analytical skills; you are a keen problem solver in a high-pressure environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or meaningful analytical degree or equivalent experience
- Solid multi-threading skills
- Sound understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Deep understanding of design patterns including why and where a pattern should be used
- Solid understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application
- Experience in TCP/IP networking and sockets programming
- Experience with JVM tuning and garbage collection algorithms
- Solid knowledge of contemporary development processes, build environments and testing tools
- Experience in 3rd line production support
- Comfortable in communicating with business users
- Experience with Google Guava framework
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience working with global development teams
- Python development skills
- C++ development skills
- KDB/Q development skills
- Electronic trading application development skills
- Critical Thinking: Strategic vision, Business knowledge, Innovation & Creativity
- Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution, Change leadership
- People Leadership: Talent building, Meritocracy, Team Leadership, Collaboration, Responsible Corporate Citizenship
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, Energy & drive, bravery, character
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- Vacation 25 days (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment