Financial Reporting Officer, SGSS Dublin
- Dublin, Leinster, Irlande
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 13 nov. 17 2017-11-13
Financial Reporting Officer, SGSS Dublin
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) has been active in Ireland for 20 years and is a leading player in servicing Irish domiciled and offshore collective investment vehicles. We act locally as fund administrator and depositary for a wide range of international clients who manage schemes from UCITS to AIFs including private equity and real estate structures, hedge funds and special purpose vehicles.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The successful candidate will perform financial reports of one or more client relationships
Summary of responsibilities
• Maintain and develop relationships with your clients, external auditors, outsourced providers, etc.
• Manage the financial reporting process (audit planning, management, filing) for a range of clients;
• Prepare and review audited annual and interim financial statements (including workings) in accordance with procedures, relevant accounting standards (eg. Irish, IFRS, US, other GAAP) and the relevant regulatory disclosure requirements (eg. UCITS, AIFMD, etc.);
• Ensures timely and accurate results for each of the reports within each relationship;
• Expands and promotes the image of SGSS to all external contacts;
• Attends to the Board Meetings of Investment Managers;
• Preparation and review of Annual and Interim Financial Statements;
• Overseeing and reviewing the completion of central bank of Ireland / stock exchange and other regulatory and tax filings
• Compliance with service level agreements with the accounting teams / external stakeholders;
• Compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements (IFSRA, CSO and relevant marketing institutions);
• Monitor progress of financial statements preparation;
• Train, coach and instruct other staff in the team / other teams / departments as required.
• Keep log of issues encountered and report regularly to staff /management on issues and areas for improvement
• Raise ideas to manager to support continuous operational improvements.
• Perform other duties as required from time to time
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work stand alone or as part of a team;
• Flexibility, Adaptability and willingness to learn essential;
• Aptitude for figures;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels;
• Experience of working to deadlines;
• Have a thorough understanding of accounting principles together with an awareness of all current technical issues;
• P.C. literate – experience of Microsoft Office package essential .
• Experience of financial reporting and/ or audit experience with knowledge of Irish/ UK GAAP and International GAAP
• Degree required – preferred business/accounting/finance concentration.
• Fluent English essential; knowledge of French language an advantage
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.