Fund Management Company Advisory Compliance, Vice President
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Compliance Department protects BlackRock's reputation and provides client focused advice. It understands challenges and advises on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients' interests
- Collaborating with the business to position Compliance centrally in their daily work;
- Ensuring client interests are at the centre of everything we do;
- Cultivating and enhancing the compliance culture within BlackRock;
- Provide thought leadership, analysis and advice on the impact and implementation of regulation;
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and self-starting compliance professional to join BlackRock's Compliance team in Dublin. This position will complement an existing team of over 100 compliance specialists based across the EMEA region who support the various businesses in discharging BlackRock's regulatory obligations and assist the businesses in managing regulatory risk.
The role will mainly support the Designated Person for Regulatory Compliance and will involve the provision of compliance support for the Irish UCITS Management Company/AIFM which manages in excess of 500 funds across multiple asset classes and investment styles with an AUM in excess of $700 billion. The position requires specific knowledges of UCITS, AIFMD, relevant Irish Regulations and Fund Management Company Guidance (CP86).
We are looking for someone who can build and maintain strong partnerships and has excellent technical and regulatory knowledge. They will have a successful record in building and sustaining positive relationships. The strength of character to offer healthy challenge will be key, as will be the ability to engage successfully with business partners at all levels.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, demonstrates good judgment, has a strong team ethic, combined with high energy, passion, intellectual curiosity, resilience and diplomacy. Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge / Experience:
- Support and work closely with the Designated Person for Regulatory Compliance in Ireland.
- Contribute and advise on the design of compliance controls, policies and procedures to enable BlackRock to comply with relevant existing and upcoming regulations, law, and applicable codes.
- Contribute to the creation of management reporting and communicate Compliance matters to senior management, corporate and/or fund boards and BlackRock business partners.
- Ensure regulatory reporting is made to the CBI on a timely basis.
- Provide advice on regulations and on the application of BlackRock's compliance policies in relation to existing and new business initiatives, issue identification and breach resolution.
- Represent or lead for Compliance on projects, including regulatory developments and key business initiatives.
- Design and deliver effective regulatory training and guidance to the business.
- Lead and contribute to responses to the CBI's requests for information, inspections, interviews and work collaboratively with key partners.
- Establish strong partnerships with compliance colleagues in other EMEA locations and ensure the consistent application of controls, where possible.
- As a senior member of the team, develop less experienced team members and support colleagues with knowledge sharing and cross-training.
- Further cement the relationship between the compliance team and business partners and promote an outstanding compliance culture.
- Look for opportunities to enhance the control environment, including through the use of technology.
- At least 7 years relevant experience within the asset management industry and demonstrable expertise in regulation relevant to the funds industry (e.g. UCITS, AIFMD, CP86, etc.).
- Broader advisory experience across asset classes and covering multiple jurisdictions would be an advantage.
- Consistent record of influencing business partners at all levels, including corporate and/or fund boards, delivering timely and quality regulatory advice.
- Experience in handling regulatory relationships and examinations would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with dealing with a multi-jurisdictional regulatory environment would be beneficial.
- Technical ability and mentality to challenge the status-quo and deliver solutions with the judgment to use this in appropriate circumstances.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistent ability to demonstrate high standards of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritize workloads and progress multiple tasks.
- Ability to collaborate effectively both within the team and across functions and to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to articulate complex regulatory matters and well-developed relationship management skills.
- Capable of grasping new concepts quickly and independently.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.