Head of International Operations and Risk
- Not Specified
- Dublin, Leinster, Irlande
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 19 mars 19
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
Based in Dublin, the Head of International Operations & Risk will report directly to the CEO of EVGA and will be responsible for operational efficiency and maintaining the Risk Governance Framework relevant to EVGA. The role will require the individual to be responsible for ensuring that all operational projects are initiated to ensure that adequate procedures, policies and practices are implemented efficiently, and that all risks are monitored with appropriate limits set.
Primary Responsibilities Operations
- Maintain current knowledge of best practice trading processes, keeping abreast of recent changes in the industry.
- Strategically report to the CEO on a weekly basis on trading and operations matters.
- Provide guidance to the Board, senior management and employees on operational and trading matters and updates on outsourced functions at Committee and Board meetings.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the investment operational policies and practices, identify initiatives to enhance operational efficiency.
- Review and resolve all trading related and operational matters in conjunction with the relevant service providers or clients on behalf of the Board, with presentation of summary reporting and exception reporting to the Board on a quarterly basis.
- Assist and implement product development initiatives.
- Support the distribution team/client services with the production oversight of EMT’s and EPT’s to the distributors.
- Reconciliation of trades, valuation and collateral in relation to the EMIR reporting.
- Coordinate with the Head of Investments to maintain the relevant control and oversight of the delegated functions.
- Conduct Best Execution and Market Abuse testing on all trades.
Primary Responsibilities Risk
- Implement and monitor effective Risk Governance Framework and procedures in order to identify, measure, manage and monitor risks of the EVGA’s business on an on-going basis
- Develop and monitor the Risk Register and key risk measures
- Monitor each investment strategy to ensure that it remains within appropriate internal risk limits set by EVGA
- Track and provide oversight on liquidity risks, stress testing and counterparty risks
- Set and approve the borrowing leverage limits for investment mandates
- Monitor the ongoing activity of the funds against the agreed Risk Profiles, escalating to the Board as appropriate.
- Complete annual due diligence and ongoing reviews of the appropriateness, accuracy and quality of the risk metrics and data being produced.
- Prepare and submit risk reporting for Chief Investment Officer, Board, Central Bank of Ireland or any relevant third party
- Review and analyze operational issues and errors, and implement controls to mitigate against future risks, working with the Head of Compliance
- Review the valuation policy and any pricing issues, including the impact of stale and fair valued prices.
- Conduct annual on-site due diligence reviews of service providers and trend analysis; review of SSAE16/ISAE3402 reports from service providers.
- Ensure appropriate business continuity plans and cyber security arrangements are in place.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in an Operational/Risk/Fund Administration role.
- Knowledge and experience of fund products.
- Ability to work with the business and build smooth working relationships.
- Able to prioritize in fast moving, constantly changing environment.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to establish credibility at the most senior levels with the firm.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the “Company”).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110