Head of Treasury and Control Function Risk
- Dublin, Leinster, Irlande Dublin Leinster IE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 17 juin 18 2018-06-17
Head of Treasury and Control Function Risk
Corporate Title: Managing Director (MD)
Line of Business: ECF
Want to make a positive and lasting impression within our dynamic, challenging risk environment? An exciting opportunity as Head of Treasury and Control Function Risk is available for a talented individual to lead the management of Liquidity risk, Interest Rate Risk in Banking Book and Capital Risk.
For each of these risk types you will own our Risk framework and perform second line of defence oversight of meaningful Treasury and Business activities.
You will be responsible for the below for each of the 3 risks:
- Building and implementing an appropriate Risk framework
- Leading the Risk Limit / Metric Framework, including Risk Appetite
- Daily oversight of the Risk profile of the entity, including Business engagement
- Ensuring meaningful Risks are appropriately included in BAMLI DAC's Risk ID process
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Propose the relevant Risk Policies to the Board, via Management Risk Committee (MRC) and Board Risk Committee (BRC)
- Validate the ICAAP via review, challenge and recommendation for Board approval
- Validate the Liquidity Risk framework via review, challenge and recommendation of ILAAP and associated Funding documents for Board approval
- Review and challenge Internal Liquidity Stress Testing (ILST) assumptions prior to MRC
- Voting member of MRC, where responsibilities include approval of ILST assumptions and MRC Risk Appetite limits and recommendation of Board level Risk Appetite limits, ICAAP & ILAAP
- Lead Risk Limit Framework
- Define applicable metrics, calibrate and recommend to MRC / BRC / Board
- Call out breaches to local Risk and Business management and monitor resolution
- Manage Risk relationship with regulators, including regular supervisory meetings and contributing to the L-SREP process
- Ongoing monitoring of Liquidity Risk, Capital and IRRBB reporting to understand changes to the risk profile, including engagement with Business to understand drivers of historic and future changes
- Join Business led Risk ID sessions to review and challenge Risks identified
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Self-starter, intellectually curious, with a global perspective on business opportunities
- Experienced strategic leader within Financial Services
- Solid Banking product knowledge, ideally also with exposure to FICC products
- Risk management experience
- Demonstrable quantitative / analytical skills
- Excellent partner management, communication, and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of systems architecture and infrastructure / reporting design
- Optimises the Balance between Risk and Reward: Takes appropriate risks while ensuring that optimal value and outcomes are achieved
- Drives Operational Excellence: Demonstrates a bias for action and a dedication to achieving sustainable results
- Builds Organisational Alignment: Aligns and mobilises resources in order to deliver sustainable results
- Influences with Impact: Communicates in an impactful manner and inspires others to follow his/her lead
- Improves the Potential in People: Recruits, develops and aligns the talent needed to meet business goals
- Acts with Courage and Conviction: Speaks and acts with confidence
- Learns and Adapts: Demonstrates personal resilience and an ability to lead through change
- Models and Reinforces Our Company's Values: Demonstrates visible dedication to our values
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- Vacation 25 days (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.