IPSI - Senior Programme Manager
IPSI is a member company of FNZ, a partner to the world's leading financial institutions.
Since its formation in 1998, IPSI has a leading provider of third party services to the life assurance industry. Currently, IPSI has clients who sell life assurance products via banks, brokers, sales networks and over the Internet in eight European countries.
Our ambition is to continue our growth by offering excellent service to our existing clients, to acquire new clients, and to extend the range of services on offer. Role Description
The Senior Programme Manager role is responsible for the end to end management of project(s) or portfolio of projects to contracted time, quality, and budget requirements. This will involve leadership of a distributed project team in multiple locations, and the proactive identification, management and resolution of risks and issues throughout the full project lifecycle.
This may involve the delivery of a single large scale project or multiple smaller projects. This is a senior client facing role and requires the ability to build strong relationships with customers, often at a c-suite level.
A successful candidate will have a background in technology and leading large projects within financial services industry. The role is based in Dublin. Specific Role Responsibilities Delivery Management
- Manage the delivery of the project through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through to implementation.
- Ensure the project delivers in-line with our project methodology.
- Develop and maintain an end to end project plan that delivers the agreed scope of the project to time, budget and quality criteria.
- Take accountability for working with all business areas to agree scope, timelines and artefacts in order to ensure delivery of the project in line with overall agreed plan.
- Take ownership for the overall estimating process for the project, and working collaboratively with the Lead Business Analyst, Solution Lead, Delivery Manager, Test Manager, client and business stakeholders to estimate the work effort required to deliver the scope within the agreed timescales and budgets.
- Provide timely, precise, accurate and comprehensive project MI and reporting to the internal and client governance forums as required.
- Identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies through the full project lifecycle. Ensure mitigation plans are in place for all risks and issues, and take ownership for ensuring these mitigation plans are executed, or escalate to the Client Account Manager or Director Change as is appropriate.
- Ensure project changes are managed in line with the project methodology, and all commercial changes to the project are agreed with the Client Account Manager.
- Ensure all 3rd party suppliers are engaged appropriately and contracts are in place and managed to ensure the required outcomes.
- Ensure all operational readiness activities are undertaken in line with the project methodology, and that appropriate training and handover takes place ahead of implementation.
- Ensure the project conducts a post implementation review and that lessons learned are captured and shared with the rest of the Change Team.
- Delivery to agreed Client and Internal Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
Experience required: Preferred Industry Knowledge:
- Lead, manage and motivate a local and a virtual team in multiple geographic locations, communicating project progress, and ensuring all team members take accountability for delivery.
- Provide coaching, advice and support performance management with line manager's where necessary.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement on the project, support process improvement initiatives, and identify new process improvements.
- Be an active member of the PM community, contributing to team sessions and central improvement initiatives, and sharing best practice and lessons learned.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Senior Programme Manager with extensive experience in the Financial Services in Investment and Pension business in European Markets
- 10+ years' experience in a leading large complex programmes business critical projects, acrossEnterprise Software implementations within Financial Services
- Experience in delivery of leading functional delivery and Migrations involving systems integrations
- An understanding of the European regulatory environment.
- Degree and/or above
- Prince2 PMBOK or equivalent qualification
- Experience of managing stakeholders to executive levels
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong leadership skills
- Commercially aware
- Excellent communication skills and confident in dealing with internal and external clients
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
At FNZ, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility are important factors for our success. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Recruitment decisions at FNZ are made in a non-discriminatory manner where all employees are valued and respected. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported thus, ensuring our recruitment process is fair and equitable for all applicants.
Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure FNZ's recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific requirements.