Lead Developer - FX Options Technology
- Dublin, Leinster, Irlande Dublin Leinster IE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 24 juin 18 2018-06-24
Lead Developer - FX Options Technology
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: FX Operations Technology
Want to join a positive, nurturing working environment? Here at our Dublin office we are happy to present an exciting new opportunity for a Lead Developer and SME to join our team within FX Options Technology. We are currently focused on supporting a number of internal initiatives and Trading applications.
You will be required to assist with the FX Front-to-Back programme, and will focus efforts on retiring the primary legacy Trading system for the FX Options business, Altair. In addition to being a hands-on Developer, you will also lead a team of contractors in region to deliver key features / functionality within the programme.
You will have an excellent technical skillset and be comfortable using a variety of programming languages such as Python, Java, C# and C++ and possess a high degree of flexibility, having the ability to multi-task, prioritise, and operate in a high-energy front-office trading environment. FX and Derivatives experience is also helpful.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Front Office Technology (FX) and software development, testing, deployment, and support of Trade Management applications using agile methodologies
- Function as part of a high performance team, working on high priority items
- Communicate effectively with various partners across Technology and Trading, Compliance, Supervision, Risk, Operations, and other support partners
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Solid technology experience across a wide variety of computer programming languages, including Java, Python, C, C#, C++, Perl, XML and JNI
- Consistent track record of leading high-calibre teams to deliver extraordinary results
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate effectively with partners including senior leaders, internal and external service providers and development teams
- You can succeed in an international team spanning multiple countries, cultures and time zones
- Solid experience in the build and deliverance of programmes of work through careful project planning and budgeting
- Ability to express ideas and thoughts in a concise manner when speaking or writing
- Deep knowledge of database structures, including Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server
- Experience working with technology platforms Windows, Linux, JIRA, and Crucible
- Frameworks experience in WPF, Windows Forms, Cassandra, Web Services, and Threading
- Infrastructure experience, including system administration, cluster build-out and/or cloud infrastructure
- Experience of integrated Front Office Development environments (examples include, but are not limited to, Sec DB, Athena, Pioneer, and Quartz)
Nice to Have:
- FX (& Derivatives) product knowledge is helpful
- Front Office experience, preferably in FX or other Fixed Income or Derivatives Trading environments
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- Vacation 25 days (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment