Operational Risk Specialist
We are seeking an experienced Operational Risk Specialist to join our Operational Risk Team to build upon our existing processes to help foster a positive Operational Risk culture across our businesses.
This role will be centred on our Irish entities Mediolanum International Life Ltd & Mediolanum International Funds Ltd. The Operational Risk Specialist will devote their time working across all entities gaining valuable insight into the interactions of the companies and how they interact with the Operational Risk process.
The successful candidate will already have gained some experience in risk and control matters and who can display skill, energy and enthusiasm so as to gain a rapid understanding of the operational risk and control aspects of our different business lines, and to be part of a small team implementing our risk strategy and philosophy across the organisation. Duties
• Enhance the Operational Risk Framework and building upon the existing processes to enhance and further embed the culture and governance pertaining to operational risk within the business
• Identifying how risks are managed and appropriate policies are implemented throughout the Company. Assist the lines of business with analysis, expertise, and problem solving as well as providing oversight
• Identify, assess and report on operational risk controls and indicators in line with existing regulations and preparing for future changes.
• Capture and evaluate Emerging Risks across the Irish entities and build on existing processes to develop and enhance our Emerging Risk models
• Work closely with the IT Department regarding IT Security / Cyber Security Risk Assessments, Business Continuity Frameworks, Data Protection, etc.
• Help identify and implement best practice operational risk process
• Attend various Committee meetings and present findings on operational risk processes, providing Boards and Committees with Operational Risk reports
• Review and continuously improve the Risk Management processes/procedures including implementing themed reviews.
• Risk identification, assessment and management - including gap analysis and action plans
• Consolidate and provide analysis on key risks and collate / validate internal loss data
• Provide engagement, training & awareness sessions and on-going support
• Provide continuous improvement of operational risk tools Skills & Competencies
• Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act by following instructions and act independently
• Organised individual who can self manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues in a pro-active way and in a timely way
• Display Knowledge & Authority in dealings with all parties and maintaining priority of achieving goals
• Display Attention to Detail in all aspects of work and relationships
• Ability to work independently on large projects which are key to the development /progression of the overall Risk Team
• Developing and managing relationships both internally and externally
• Excellent verbal, written and numeric skills.
• Advanced Excel / IT related skills beneficial Qualifications & Experience
• Degree or Postgraduate degree a minimum requirement.
• Minimum of 3-5 years' work experience in a financial services environment in the Operational Risk area
• Understanding of Front, Middle and Back Office controls
• Awareness of financial services products (including Bonds /Equities / Derivatives) and regulations (including CRD / UCITS / MIFID)
• Previous Financial Services experience a pre-requisite
• Excel proficiency a minimum requirement