About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
(Note: In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.)
• In partnership with the EMEA Regulatory Relations leader work with our EU bank leadership to establish and execute regulatory engagement strategy for our EU bank and our French businesses.
• Ensure execution of processes and requirements governed by Wells Fargo and International Regulatory Relations protocols.
• Implement EMEA / International procedures covering regulatory exams and inquiries, response management, regulators' communications on changes in regulations and industry issues, regulatory response management, supervisory meetings, notifications, regulatory approvals and licenses, annual submissions, safeguarding of supervisory information, records management, and reporting.
• Manage relationships and foster a team orientation with corporate, business heads, control organization, internal risk management, legal, technology, finance, HR and audit; represent the business (es) in the external community, including with senior EMEA regulators, in particular in Dublin and France.
• Promote and maintain a risk culture that encourages an informed, measured, disciplined and balanced approach to understanding and managing business process risk.
• Lead, performance manage, engage, motivate, develop and build a high performing team, hiring key talent as needed.
• Lead with integrity and create an environment where team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
Market Skills and Certifications
Required Skills & Experience
• Significant experience in risk management, legal, compliance, operational risk management, business process management within financial services industry.
• Experience in the securities and broker dealer business is an advantage.
• Regulatory engagement experience with Irish and French regulators.
• Proven experience of leading, motivating and retaining high performing teams as well as coaching and developing team members.
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrable experience in building and maintaining strong and credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including Business Leaders, Independent Risk Management and Regulatory Examiners.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), create a vision, influence strategically and achieve buy-in from stakeholders at all levels in order to successfully execute business initiatives.
• Ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed environment.
• Achievement driven with a passion for results, taking personal accountability for delivering on objectives.
• Strong analytical skills to build compelling, strategic recommendations.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously and plan, prioritize and set goals.
• Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Fluency in French is a requirement.
• Degree and higher-level qualification e.g. MBA or equivalent.
• Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment.
• Working knowledge of International relationships and financial transaction processes.
• Experience in embedding risk management practices in the financial services industry, including development, implementation and sustainment of approach.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.