We are seeking an experienced C# Developer to join our innovative, Planet Labs team based near Dublin Airport and is the center for software innovation.
We are Planet
Planet is a large international cross-border digital fin-tech payments company, operating in over 60+ markets across the world and providing a range of services to over 500,000 luxury merchants and 100 acquiring banks. We have grown rapidly over the last seven years and increased seven times in value over this period based on a combination of both organic and acquisition led growth. The travel and tourism market that we operate in continues to show consistent growth, underpinned by mega-trends such as the expansion of middle classes across the world and the desire for Asian shoppers, in particular, to purchase authentic luxury goods outside their home countries.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market. Now, with over 1,500 employees spread across five continents, we are an international payment services provider.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced C# Developer to join our innovative, Planet Labs team based near Dublin Airport and is the center for software innovation. Planet delivers innovative transaction processing solutions in the payments industry. The products we develop can process any type of transaction (debit/credit card, e-Wallets, mobile top-up, utility bill pay) on any type of device (smartphone, tablet, POS terminal, web etc.)
This will suit a full-stack Software Engineer, proficient in programming in C# .NET which are required. The role also entails developing the company's innovative products for transaction processing and developing in different tiers (presentation, middle and data) and includes developing apps using C# Xamarin for Android and Apple iOS devices. In-house training will be provided.
The role will report to the CTO of Planet Labs.
What you will do
- Develop software for transaction processing
- Develop POS apps using C# Xamarin for Android/iOS smartphones, tablets and payment terminals like PAX
- Develop Windows Services on the host side using C# and SQL Server
- Develop external-facing RESTful Web APIs using C# and JSON
- Integration to 3rd party SOAP/RESTful APIs using C# and XML/JSON
- Develop APIs using C# for ASN.1 and ISO 8583 protocols
- Develop web-based UI using C#, ASP.NET MVC and JQuery
- Actively participate in design sessions
- Provide project estimates and status reports
- Give strong attention to detail and quality with a special emphasis on code refactoring and testing
- Adhere to coding conventions, established application design/development methods and industry best practices
- Ensure design goals are achieved in areas such as usability, performance, scalability, reliability, maintainability, extendibility and security
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work
What you will need
- 5+ years' C# experience
- 3+ years' SQL (preferably SQL Server)
- Web APIs (preferably RESTful APIs with JSON)
- Previous exposure to having worked in the transaction processing industry, ideally the payments sector.
- Object-oriented programming.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality software.
Desirable additional skills
- C# Xamarin.
- TCP/IP and Socket programming.
- Security/Encryption (asymmetric and symmetric).
- Multi-threaded programming.
- Asynchronous programming.
- Payments industry (EMV, Magstripe, PCI, ISO 8583).
- POS development (preferably for PAX devices).
- APIs using C# and ASN.1 or ISO 8583.
- Integration to 3rd party APIs using C#.
- C programming preferably for payment terminals.
- High availability transaction processing systems.
- Contactless payments.
- Relational database design.
- Subversion, JIRA, Confluence.
What you will need to bring to Planet
- A strong team-player with the ability to work individually, overall a collaborative work ethic.
- Highly organised with the ability to clearly define tasks, prioritize appropriately, manage expectations and deliver accordingly.
- Strive for a positive 'can-do' attitude.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, pension and benefits.
- Free parking on-site so you don't have to worry or walk too far or a season ticket loan.
- Travel pass and Bike to work scheme.
- Flexible work from home policy agreed with your manager
Your skills and our Values
We search for better
- You are creative, curious and look for new ways of doing things.
- Creative intelligence is your key competency.
We celebrate differences
- You are appreciative of people, and recognise the strength in others.
- You inspire through appreciation.
We go beyond expectations
- You are bold, open with your ideas, and are at your best every day.
- You drive for results.
We grow together
- You are collaborative, you care and you are humble.
- You build the best teams, bringing people together.
Find out more here: www.planetpayment.com