Senior Treasuy Lead Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
This role is principally responsible for the cost effective funding of WFBI, management of the bank's liquidity and ensuring regulatory compliance on funding and liquidity requirements. This role is within Multi Currency Treasury (MCT) and will provide the candidate with the opportunity to work as a subject matter expert, interacting with business lines and support functions in the management of the banks funding and liquidity. The role is also responsible for engaging with the business lines to meet the external funding requirements of the bank. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will have participate in ALCO as an attendee and as and when required, attend Risk Committee.
This roles reports to the WFBI Treasurer. Controlled function for WFBI -CBI .
This is an excellent opportunity to build on prior experience gained in: Treasury, Liquidity Risk Management, Risk Management roles, Business Analytics, Finance or Middle Office. Responsibilities:
The primary areas of responsibility for the role are as follows:
- Responsibility for obtaining cost effective wholesale funding for the bank
- Managing the currency funding requirements of the bank through use of deposits, derivatives and inter-company borrowing, et cetera.
- Advising business lines and providing colour in respect to the funding costs and availability of funding in various currencies.
- Recommending strategies for ensuring compliance with the set regulatory and risk appetite funding and liquidity risk limits.
- Responsible for the Funding Plan and the Liquidity Management Policy
- Key contributor to the Contingency Funding and Recovery plans.
- Responsible for providing relevant management information on funding and liquidity to senior management, ALCO and the respective governance forums.
- Attend ALCO and other governance forums, as required.
- Partnering with the LCRP team in MCT as needed for stress testing and balance sheet management.
- Responsibility for the MCT EMEA Volcker portfolio and the associated reporting.
- Engage with regulators as required on funding and liquidity queries (eg. SREP visits, onsite inspections).
- Coordinate Treasury initiatives that require engagement with multiple stakeholders across multiple teams .
- Development of team members to support ongoing enhancements with respect to funding and liquidity.
- Provide support to teams (Finance and Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Risk) involved in liquidity stress testing and other reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the design and effectiveness of front line controls around funding and liquidity management
Market Skills and Certifications Skills/Experience Required:
- Ideally post graduate qualified or degree educated in a relevant subject (Financial Services or Sciences preferred), with an MBA/CFA/ACA preferred.
- Extensive proven experience in financial institutions Treasury, Accounting or Risk functions.
- Subject matter expert on regulatory changes that affect banks, both from a domestic, European and global perspective with respective to funding and liquidity.
- Proven strong financial modelling and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with a broad array of financial markets including, but not limited to, foreign exchange, interest rates and repo/reverse repo.
- Business focussed with strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects and deadlines.
- Knowledge of recovery planning.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with ability to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken: Effective in communications across a variety of audiences and constituencies
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of their work
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.