Senior Internal Auditor
- Competitive + Benefits
- Galway, Connaught, Irlande
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Planet Payment
- 14 mars 19
Reporting to : Group Head of Internal Audit We have a strategic function for a Senior Group Internal Auditor to oversee our Tax Free and Payments business. This dynamic and interesting role will have coverage for the UK / Ireland and U.S This is an opportunity to work in a rapidly changing and expanding business where you will be able to make a difference and directly influence the development and direction of the Internal Audit department.
We are looking for an accomplished and professional Internal Auditor with Practice or Industry experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Internal Audit in a medium - large organisation, ideally the Financial Services sector , alternatively an Auditor from a Practice firm who wants to move into industry.
A relevant professional qualification such as IIA, ACA or ACCA is preferred but not a prerequisite. The role will require some travel, including trips to USA.
Under the direction of the Group Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Auditor is responsible for the timely execution of the internal audits as specified by the annual audit plan.
You will also be involved in other audit matters and projects as required. You will operate either individually or as part of a team, depending on the assignment and have the opportunity to interact with all levels of the business.
Key duties will include:
- Determine scope of reviews in conjunction with the Group Internal Audit Manager and stakeholders.
- Review the suitability of internal control design, identify and suggest improvements to weaknesses.
- Conduct audit testing and identify matters for attention, including an assessment of the risks.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Verbally communicate and agree findings with senior management.
- Drafting of comprehensive and complete reports for each assignment.
- Knowledge of the Internal Audit Process and senior stakeholder engagement.
- Strong written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- The ability to work within a team.
- The ability to work independently and maintain a professional and independent outlook.
- The ability to manage a number of key assignments and to quickly adapt to change.
- Additional languages would be advantageous but not essential.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets.
Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.