Accountant, Financial Control (18 month FTC)
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. The Role/Department:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accountant within the Limerick Financial Control team. This fixed term contract role will play an integral part within the team and will be responsible for completing financial control processes, report production, timely issue resolution and providing ad-hoc support as required to the EMEA regional finance teams. The team are responsible for the production of monthly management accounts, completing the month end close process and the statutory accounts production for a number of EMEA legal entities.
The successful candidate will work with a variety of operations and other Finance teams to understand the business and ensure that the books and records accurately reflect the business undertaken, with adherence requirements to accounting policy and local GAAP for the relevant legal entities. Why chose this role?
This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced team and develop their experience and knowledge within a growing company. The successful candidate will work closely with other Partners and collaborate with many teams and departments within Northern Trust.
Note: This role is an 18 month fixed term contract. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Complete the production of the monthly management accounts for a number of legal entities.
• Produce the reconciliations and ensure all documentation and accounting is completed in line with corporate requirements and policies.
• Produce month end analytics and trend data to assist with the review and validation of financial results.
• Completion of annual statutory accounts for a number of legal entities, provide inputs and information to the audit process and work with the auditors to complete the audit process and finalise the statutory accounts.
• Respond to and resolve queries on a timely basis from the Business and Finance colleagues as they arise.
• Completion of a number of centralised financial processes and accounting operations for the EMEA region.
• Work with the EMEA Financial Control team in Limerick to implement standardised process improvements identified in day to day activities.
• Provide technical input to systems and business process projects as required.
• Work with Finance teams in other locations. Skills/ Qualifications: The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Part/ Fully Qualified accountant with a number of years post qualified experience
• Prior experience with Multi-currency;s
• Experience of US GAAP or IFRS would be an advantage.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
• Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve.
• Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
• Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
Please note that this role may require the successful candidate to travel to other NT locations as required Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.