Consultant – Derivatives Operations
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee ( Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The Derivatives Operations department provides operational support to custody and investment management clients, across a wide range of Exchange Traded and Over the Counter products. The team's responsibilities include trade capture, trade affirmation / confirmation, trade settlement, valuation, margin calculation, margin settlement and control functions.
This management position within our Limerick office will see the incumbent provide oversight for end to end service provision for high profile and complex clients. The process encompasses Custody Trade Capture, Pricing and Valuations, Fund Accounting related processes and all associated reconciliations.
The candidate will be responsible to bringing together a number of teams, across various geographies, to produce a high quality and value added service to our clients. The role will also involve regular contact with key client contacts in order to build and grow on existing relationships. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Resolve complex queries by acting as a conduit between teams
- Serve as an escalation point on technical items, pulling in the correct internal partners to help understand issues and identify solutions
- Coordinate communication between Operations and Agile Teams to drive forward optimisation and process improvement
- Proactively seek out technology solutions to increase quality, reduce risk and improve overall service offering
- Tracking and monitoring of all technical market changes
- Work within a team with a strong willingness to assist others when required, building effective relationships with members of the team and other business units
Working with Us:
- Extensive Derivatives experience
- Knowledge of the investment management/asset servicing industry
- A demonstrated ability to navigate through obstacles, work under pressure and successfully deliver to tight deadlines in a fast moving business environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail at all times, numerically competent with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong technology understanding and usage
- Ability to work flexibly when dealing with varying client requirements
- Ability to work within a global team environment
- Eagerness and creative attitude towards improving product offering as well as a desire to identify and implement process efficiencies
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.