Senior Analyst - Derivatives
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
Global Derivative Operations supports Northern Trust Custody and Investment Operations Outsourcing clients across the full range of Exchange Traded and Over-The-Counter Derivative products, providing operational functions and interfacing between both clients and in-sourced derivative operational areas. Derivative Operations consists of Trade Capture, Trade Confirmations, Settlements, Client Services, Valuations and Analytics, and Collateral Management services. Derivative Operations Teams are situated across the globe in locations including Melbourne, Bangalore, London, Frankfurt and Chicago.
Within this structure, the EMEA Collateral Management Team is an exciting and growth area of derivatives. The Collateral Team is presented with new challenges every day from existing and potential new clients. The Collateral Team thrives on these challenges and partners work closely together supporting and cross training each other to be able to handle the demands of the clients. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- As part of continued expansion and ongoing commitment to partner development and progression we have an opening for a Senior Analyst in the EMEA Derivatives Collateral Management team.
- This is a varied role focussed on day to day services for Repo collateral, instructing margin and bespoke collateral services for outsourcing clients.
- Working with a team of Collateral Analysts and Senior Analysts to service the day to day needs of our clients and drive performance and efficiency.
- The Senior Analyst will report directly to the Team Lead of Collateral and additionally provide support for global partners managing Collateral for clients across multiple regions.
- Responsible for ensuring the teams day to day activities are completed
- Agreement and Approval of day to day margin calls ensuring client exposures are covered in accordance with client SLA and GMRA documentation
- Investigate, resolve and report margin call disputes.
- Ensuring market settlement of all daily margin activity
- Perform root cause analysis into the reasons for failing settlements.
- Daily IOO and custody reconciliations and reporting.
- Investigating and resolving client queries, both internal and external ensuring they are addressed in a time efficient manner and any escalations are prioritised and reported appropriately.
- Ensuring controls on collateral management process are monitored and adhered to.
- Ensuring daily checklists and procedures are kept updated and reflect the processes that are being carried out within the team
- Working together with the global business team to provide excellent client service
- Assist with client on-boarding and transition activity
- Assisting with ad hoc audit requests
- Providing reporting to managers and clients
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Understanding of industry developments and regulatory changes including Dodd Frank and EMIR an advantage
- Very strong attention to detail, accuracy and commitment to maintaining a strong control environment
- Ability to work constructively under time pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Good client relationship management skills
- Able to demonstrate the ability to challenge existing processes and suggest ways of improving them
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.