Senior Consultant, Derivatives Change Management
Senior Consultant, Derivatives Change Management
Working independently, is responsible for providing expertise and analysis for the Derivatives practice initiatives. The responsibilities of a Senior Consultant include ensuring that the assigned initiatives are well designed, executable, and delivered. This role is accountable for ensuring project initiatives are delivered, driving strategic solutions to address current and future business challenges, and achieving organization objectives. The Senior Consultant is responsible in engaging directly with our clients, understanding their requests and articulating them back to the agile teams assigned. The Senior consultant will also be responsible for successful delivery and to provide regular scheduled updates to the clients assigned.
- Engages directly with our clients to understand the change requested
- Ensures that any change required is assessed to determine what solution is feasible and what platform best can support the request
- Listens to the client in terms of how they see the change solution but independently assesses what alternative and more efficient options there may be to achieve the same outcome
- Provides weekly status reporting to their assigned clients on all active initiatives
- Develops detailed, comprehensive business requirements designed to meet business objectives and with an appropriate risk profile, ensuring adherence to Project Management Life Cycle standards.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the business need, systems architecture, partners/stakeholder impacts, and how the prescribed solution achieves core objectives.
- Continuously maintains the accuracy of project status documentation. Regularly communicates progress towards achieving project goals to sponsors and stakeholders (if no assigned Project Manager). Completes project tasks on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Understands the most effective path towards resolution and escalates issues appropriately.
- Reviews documents, existing procedures, and current processes and recommends where automation or improved processes can be implemented.
- Facilitates, co-ordinates and is able to execute all levels of testing required, ensuring Stakeholders and end users are sufficiently prepared and engaged in appropriate testing cycles.
- Documents, tracks, researches and resolves any technical/process issues; identifies and tracks defects and change requests.
- Maintains project schedules on smaller initiatives, monitors progress toward completion of projects and adjusts schedule or tasks as needed.
- Completes and verifies all implementation tasks.
- Interacts with Technology, Product Management and Operations to formulate and implement solutions to enhance existing services, create new client deliverables or improve processes. Identifies impact of changes and processes on staff. Helps facilitate acceptance of change through training and communication.
- Combines strong analytical skills with subject matter expertise in collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure the appropriate solution and/or direction is taken.
- Thorough knowledge of OTC derivatives products, their structures, behaviors and trade life cycles.
- Experience of OTC, ETD or Collateral preferred.
- Knowledge of the Omnium, GMI, or Colline is desirable.
- Experience of the full Project Management Life Cycle from inception to closure. AGILE experience or training is desirable.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work constructively under time pressure.
- Able to collaborate with various partner areas and drive discussions through to decisions.
- Able to establish, build and maintain strong and effective working relationships with individuals in virtual teams across the organization.
- Able to present material to Stakeholders and capture feedback in a structured manner.
About Northern Trust
- An undergraduate/bachelor's degree with related work experience in Derivative Operations, Derivative Change Management or Derivative Trading.
- Business Analysis experience with an Investment Bank or other major Financial Institution.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Client Service experience required.
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
• Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
• We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades! https://www.northerntrust.com/united-states/about-us/accolades