Senior Support Specialist
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The Senior Support Specialist will form part of the EMEA Technical Services team. The main objective of this position is to ensure that all business support requirements are met in a timely and comprehensive manner. The key responsibilities of the role include:
Skills/ Qualifications: The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Provide T2/3 support as required across Ireland offices. This includes troubleshooting service desk calls and escalating, where necessary, to the appropriate support teams.
- Implement infrastructure projects and represent technology within an EMEA team.
- Install and support hardware or software, including Desktop/Laptop, AV, Network/Voice systems as needed.
- Liaise with senior management on issues that may affect the business in the assigned location.
- Monitor and enhance the Technology environment within established standards and procedures.
- Provide direction and support to IT staff based across an EMEA virtual team.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers, partners and peers within Northern Trust.
- Manage stock levels within local offices.
- Assist with office fit outs and moves.
Working with Us:
- Extensive technical experience focusing on Windows environments.
- Analytical, problem solving, and client servicing skills are required to provide technical support.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven IT Infrastructure support skills.
- Strong understanding of LAN / WAN, TCP/IP, AV and Print environments.
- Experience in office fit out projects from an IT infrastructure perspective.
- Previous experience in budget management within an organisation.
- Third level qualification within an IT discipline.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.