Team Leader - Derivatives
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Department Overview:
Global Derivative Operations supports Northern Trust Custody and Investment Operations Outsourcing clients across the full range of Exchange Traded and Over-The-Counter Derivative products, providing operational functions and interfacing between both clients and in-sourced derivative operational areas. Derivative Operations consists of Trade Capture, Trade Confirmations, Settlements, Client Services, Valuations and Analytics, and Collateral Management services. Derivative Operations Teams are situated across the globe in locations including Melbourne, Bangalore, London, Frankfurt and Chicago.
Within this structure, the EMEA Collateral Management Team is an exciting and growth area of derivatives. The Collateral Team is presented with new challenges every day from existing and potential new clients. The Collateral Team thrives on these challenges and partners work closely together supporting and cross training each other to be able to handle the demands of the clients.
• As part of continued expansion and ongoing commitment to partner development and progression we have an opening for a Team Leader in the EMEA Derivatives Collateral Management team.
• This is a varied role focussed on day to day services for OTC and Repo collateral, clearing margin for CCP and bespoke collateral services for outsourcing clients.
• Overseeing a team of Collateral Analysts and Senior Analysts to service the day to day needs of our clients and drive performance and efficiency.
• The Team Leader will report directly to the Collateral Manager and additionally provide support for global partners managing Collateral for clients across multiple regions. Knowledge/Skills:
• Understanding of ISDA Credit Support Annex and GMRA documentation and industry best practises
• Understanding of industry developments and regulatory changes including Dodd Frank and EMIR
• Very strong attention to detail and commitment to maintaining a strong control environment
• Ability to lead a team through its day to day activities and an active process change agenda
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Good client relationship management skills
• Able to demonstrate the ability to challenge existing processes and suggest ways of improving the m Major Duties:
• Overseeing day to day BAU activities, ensuring all are completed within the time specific deadlines
• Responsible for arranging and holding regular team meetings and 1-2-1's
• Ensuring daily checklists and procedures are kept updated and reflect the processes that are being carried out within the team
• Ensuring controls on collateral management process are monitored and exceptions resolved in a timely manner
• Work with global counterparts to ensure adequate coverage and all client queries answered with effective and timely escalation and client engagement.
• Working together with the global business team to provide excellent client service
• Assist with client on-boarding and transition activity
• Providing reporting to managers and clients Experience:
• Relevant experience in a Collateral or Derivative Operations role is essential
• Experience of leading a team
• Good Microsoft Office suite skills
• Working knowledge of Colline of some benefit
• Strong communication; written, verbal and presentation skills Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.