Corporate Liability Senior Underwriter
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries,
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
Global Corporate & Commercial Italy is the unit of Generali Italia S.p.A. that develops insurance services for medium and large companies.
Based in Milan, and reporting to Liability technical area Team Leader, you will deal with underwriting profitable new and renewal business across the Liability product lines in Italy. Within the team, you will also support the global strategy to ensure the successful achievement targets.
- Underwrite new and renewal accounts to meet top and bottom line targets in line with the Liability governance framework (Underwriting Authorities, Guidelines, Rules and Principles)
- Support development and execution of the regional liability underwriting strategy
- Analyze and evaluate technical assessment and underwrite Corporate Liability, with particular reference to the TPL/EL/PL of Mono &/or Multinational Industrial & Commercial Corporate Clients.
- Negotiate participation, pricing and terms and conditions with brokers; proactively manage capacity
- Proactively support acquisition of new business and retention of existing business
- Degree in economics or law with international experience;
- Five years previous experience as Corporate TPL/EL/PL (including recall &/O Tampering) underwriter;
- Qualified experience in analysis, pricing and develop (also with customized solutions or manuscript wording) of multinational programs (also with incidental PI);
- Knowledge of the Italian & European Insurance & Commercial Law;
- Comparative insurance experience also into re-insurance &/or claims department;
- Attitude to analyse, monitor and manage our own portfolio;
- Experience in definition and placing of facultative reinsurance solutions;
- Ability to independently manage the underwriting and issuance process;
- Fluent knowledge of Italian and English (spoken and written) is preferred the knowledge of at least a second foreign language
- Organizational and interpersonal skills in handling;
- negotiations, teamwork, good command of IT tools (including UW tools, Microsoft Excel and Access) and reporting systems
- Expertise in risk assessment and a firm understanding of policy administration life cycle;
- Sound knowledge of pricing, together with strong market analysis skills;
- Strong communication skills.