Mediobanca is looking for a candidate for a position in its Project & Program management team.
Mediobanca Project & Program Management Office is in charge of the implementation of the Bank Project Portfolio, dealing with the Relevant Stakeholders: Sponsors, Cross Area Teams, Suppliers and Consultants.
The Project Manager is responsible to deliver the initiatives under his/her responsibility on time, on budget and with an excellent quality, abiding to the bank policies and internal/external best practices.
In an increasingly multidisciplinary and interconnected context, the Project Manager will focus on Finance, Tax, Planning and Control and Regulatory Reporting projects, albeit keeping a 360° perspective, encompassing Data Management and Risk Management departments, given the progressive convergence of metrics and approach promoted by the regulator.
- manage Finance, Tax, Planning and Control and Regulatory Reporting projects, both regulatory and internally driven, with the goals of compliance to the norm and efficiency;
- manage cross area and group projects to grant consistency of approach and results;
- manage regulatory inspections in relation to the focus areas;
- propose an effective project structure and governance;
- define a coherent project approach to define/execute project plans;
- communicate constantly with the Sponsor, in order to collect and meet his/her requirements;
- address promptly issues and mitigate risks, to prevent the disruption of project scope, costs or deadlines;
- lead the cross area team on a daily basis and relate with the key actors involved (tasks allocation, prioritization, etc.) to ensure a successful delivery;
- be the entry point for IT colleagues and advisors/software vendors, monitor their activities during the whole project lifecycle;
- report status, progresses and risks in compliance with the project governance, in order to:
- allow effective decision making by the designated committees;
- communicate results, discuss potential changes (time, scope, cost, quality) and provide a synthetic, but sharp overview of the main issues or potential threats;
- be a transformational leader, through cohesion and collaboration, but also a challenger of the project team and stakeholders, to ensure results in compliance with the Bank standards
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- have Master of Science in Management Engineering
- have developed 3 to 5 year experience in project management in a Financial Institution or Advisory firm, with particular focus on Finance/Tax/Planning & Control/Regulatory Reporting projects
- have strong organizational, time management, interpersonal skills and a strong attitude towards problem solving
- possess an entrepreneurial attitude, drive, motivation and commitment
- combine a result-driven mentality with the flexibility to deal with a continuously-changing environment
- be a proactive actor to influence decisions and individuals
- be fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- be an effective oral and verbal communicator
- have familiarity with office automation tools, especially Microsoft Office and MS project