Financial and Business Controller
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, withGenerali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
The Group Investments, Asset and Wealth Management Business Unit manages the investments of Generali insurance companies worldwide, as well as third party clients.
Within the Business Unit, the Finance & Strategy office is in charge of coordinating finance, planning, controlling and reporting activities for the Business Unit, defining and supporting the implementation of the Business Unit's strategy and supporting external growth initiatives in coordination with the Head of Group Investments, Asset & Wealth Management Business Development. Starting from Q4 2018, a new company is going to be set-up, named Generali Investment Partners - GIP, where part of the current Finance&Strategy team will be transferred to.
Until GIP set-up:
- Support in the Asset Management boutique strategy development, by assuring, within the Finance stream competencies, the delivery of the business plan analysis and the preparatory activities needed before the presentation of each project to the Assicurazioni Generali Board of Directors and the relevant Committees
- Support in the negotiation of the key terms of partnership documentation
- Monitor the performance of the different boutiques once they start operating, from both a financial and a business perspective
- Support the Top Management in the preparation activities before boutiques’ Board of Directors
- Implement and monitor the different boutiques through Generali Group Consolidation system (Tagetik IFRS stream) for the actual, forecast and planning process
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and prepare the supporting material for the Top Management
- Monitor performances of GIP funds
- Monitor GIP performances towards targets and definition of actions to improve financial results
- Monitor GIP budget
- Cost controlling
- Ensure the quality and consistency of all financial data
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- International experience
- 5+ years’ experience
- Relevant experience in the Asset Management industry – in particular in the Retail mutual funds industry
- Fluent in English
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Power Point)
- Multitasking approach, able to deal with multiple issues and multiple projects in parallel
- Self-starter, adaptable and able to prioritize
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Quick learner, proactive, and curious
- Strong interpersonal skills