Head of Product Underwriting and Development
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries,Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
The Group P&C Corporate & Commercial main core accountabilities are to define and ensure the implementation of Group technical standards (guidelines, pricing and underwriting tools, portfolios analysis and optimization, blueprints etc.) for P&C Corporate & Commercial business on a case underwriting basis, in line with the Group strategy.
The unit Product underwriting and Development directly reports to the Head of Group P&C Corporate & Commercial. The Head of the unit:
- will deal with the acquisition of insurance coverages (D&O, PI, Cyber) in favor of Group entities
- will take care of the guidelines, authorities, profitability and pricing of the Group Financial Lines Portfolio
- will coordinate the Group Head Office direct portfolio written in ltaly and monitor its performance
- will focus on non standardized commercial products not handled at Retail level.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- University degree or equivalent in Law (preferred) or Business, Management or Finance
- Minimum 10 years of experience in insurance/reinsurance underwriting, portfolio management.
- Specific knowledge of the Financial Lines risks (D&O, PI, BBB, Bonds) and possibly Cyber
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- Ability to build relationships with internal (Technical Depts, Planning and Control, Actuarial and other Functions of GHO, Legal Entities and Business Units for the analysis of the portfolio technical profitability, internal customers when dealing with insurance policies in favor of the Grou) and external entities to the group (external brokers/Insurance Companies)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of non-standardized business (Corporate and Medium Enterprise companies)