Our client, who is a global Energy/Power marketing and trading firm, is currently looking for an Information, Digital and Technology (IDT) Advisor as part of their rapid expansion plans in the APAC region. This role will be based in Tokyo, Japan, and it is a great opportunity to partner with senior business stakeholders in the region. We are looking for Digital and Technology professionals with strong IT Strategy or project management experience working on trading and supply solutions.
- Influencing, helping shape, and ensuring all delivery preserves or aligns with the portfolio/product roadmap and strategies.
- Developing and maintaining strong domain expertise with deep process, data, and tools knowledge within the portfolio.
- Ensuring the stability, integrity and performance of the operational environments and the realisation of identified improvement opportunities and requirements.
- Building trusted partnerships across multiple stakeholders such as Business Interface Managers, business partners, suppliers, project/product team members, and the IT support organisation.
- Providing consultancy and occasionally leading initiatives to support operations in cyber security, incident/problem management, change management and other run and maintain activities.
- Minimum 5 years of total work experience in IT such as IT Strategy or project management with at least 2 years in close partnership with development teams and businesses.
- Business-level proficiency in both the English and Japanese languages (written and spoken).
- Experience in trading and supply solutions such as ETRM.
- Able to act as a focal point for a specialised area (technical or business), able to lead teams without formal authority, while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, being comfortable interacting with and able to communicate clearly with senior stakeholders.
Selby Jennings is a Trading Style of Phaidon International (License number 16S8194)