Japan Business Aligned Technology Risk Officer
- Tokyo, Tōkyō, Japon
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 nov. 18
See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Japan Business Aligned Technology Risk Officer
The Business Aligned Technology Risk officer team ensures technology and information risks are effectively identified, assessed, controlled, managed and reported. They provide risk management awareness through effective communication, consultation and service to the client. This opportunity will provide the individual with a chance to liaise with senior members of the firm to lead top initiatives and engage with compliance and business risk management groups and teams on risk and regulatory agenda in Japan. This role is focused on technology and controls related to Japanese regulatory and regional as well as global e-trading agenda.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate regional IT audit/regulatory activities and reporting, negotiations and responses
- Perform an advisory role related to local market regulations, Firm policy & procedures, system dependencies, division best practices
- Manage and deliver region specific and firm-wide IT Risk change programs as they relate to e-trading.
- Build strong relationships with Senior IT, Business and Compliance stakeholders across the region to drive continuous improvement on IT Risk/Project governance processes
- Incident and Stability management as it relates to regulatory engagement.
- Promote risk education and awareness and provide senior management summaries as appropriate
- IT Professional with 8+ years of experience in IT Development, IT Risk, Information Security or similar subject-matter
- Proven track record in the financial services industry; preferably in an investment bank with sales and trading, finance, operations, technology or internal audit background.
- Knowledge of Software development lifecycle and change management either through IT project management or developer/quality assurance experience.
- Experience of regional regulatory engagements, internal audits and assessments, particularly experience in dealing with the regulators in Japan
- Strong analytic and problem solving/process improvement skills; ability to learn quickly and solve poorly defined problems
- Native level verbal and written communication skills in Japanese required Excellent verbal and written skills with ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate, and tailored to the audience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization with excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory environments within Asia specifically related to the securities business.
- Understanding of Operational Risk and associated regulations (e.g., HK SFC E-Trading, Global E-Trading regulations), and the associated application to a technology division within Financial Services.
- Hands-on technical background (eg. system developer, integrator, QA and /or support)
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Requires Japanese and English Language skills
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).