- Tokyo, Tōkyō, Japon
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Societe Generale
- 18 nov. 17 2017-11-18
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Societe Generale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities:
- Covering equity and fixed income marketing, structuring and trading derivatives business and in that context to provide legal advice and assistance on legal matters to the front office, back office and middle office representatives and other teams or departments of the bank (including other legal teams in Asia and Europe) in connection with the above.
- Providing legal advice, focusing on the financing business of the bank, including drafting and/or negotiation and/or review of related documentation and liaising with external counsel where necessary. The coverage of the financing business is as follows: (1) facility agreements and related security arrangements, including bilateral and syndicated financing, and project financing; (2) accounts and cash management; (3) bank guarantees; (4) handling master agreements negotiation for the bank; and (5) handling other problematic originating from the activity of the bank.
- Providing legal support for vendor agreements, privacy issues and technology and transversal group projects (e.g. outsourcing projects, PIDP issues).
- Reporting and escalating appropriate matters on an ongoing and regular basis to the head of legal, working closely with other members of the legal department.
- Providing assistance in updating guidelines and procedures relating to the above activities.
Reporting to the Head of Legal, the candidate is expected to work closely with the two senior lawyers in the team and intervene under their monitoring on the above scope of issues.
Key Skill Areas & knowledge Required:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Japanese laws, regulations and guidelines in relation to securities and banking activities (FIEL, and Banking law).
- Experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating legal documentation for financing business, and understanding of standard banking documents and market standard documentation such as ISDA, GMSLA, GMRA.
- Preferably qualified in Japan with at least 3-5 years' PQE; otherwise, a Japanese national with a common law qualification will be considered. A first experience in-house would be a plus.
- Discipline and professionalism: strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills; the ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines; team player.
- Proven analytical skills, capacity to think critically and the ability to apply legal concepts to different fact patterns to arrive at commercially acceptable solutions; quick learner and good research skills.
- Native level of Japanese, and very good command of written and spoken English; strong negotiation skills.