Level 2/3 Application Support (Production Support)
- Tokyo, Tōkyō, Japon
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 nov. 18
See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Member of Post Execution Processing (PEP) team, this role involves supporting critical PEP applications used by Firm's operations team
PEP application team is responsible for ensuring stability of these business critical applications and their associated infrastructure.
Candidates would be expected to perform the following roles:
- Notifying the Business analyst and Dev team on system issues or failures in a timely manner.
- System break/fix and user recovery
- Investigating and resolving data quality issues
- Investigation of user queries. E.g. flow breaks, booking issues, data issues. Liaison with operations and controllers where appropriate.
- Escalating problems to level 3 (core development and engineering) groups.
· Solid knowledge of unix/linux/Sybase/SQL/scripting language (Perl,python)
· Strong technical, communication, analytical and problem solving skills
· Good team player with a sense of integrity & ownership, ability to work collaboratively across teams
· Ability to learn quickly, document effectively
· Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
· Able to perform consistently under pressure
· Capable of effectively handling outages with through problem solving.
. Good communication skill in both English and Japanese.
. FIX knowledge will be plus.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).