See job description for details
Your Team responsibilities
This position is to support the Managed Services clients based out of the Japan region. The clients subscribe to the risk analytics products of MSCI and the Managed Services team provide support with their portfolio data management and flow of the same into the subscribed products. We are looking for a candidate with investment risk background, preferably in a client facing role. What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Be the first point of contact during the Tokyo working hours for Managed Solutions (MS) clients in Japanese region to respond to any queries related to the MS deliverables
- Represent MSD team in engaging with local Japanese clients, both face-to-face as well as using electronic channels, to address their operational needs related to the Managed Services contracts
- Engage with the MSD team globally to communicate any issues/escalations and co-ordinate the resolution of the same
- Execute workflows to manage the client's portfolio holdings upload and instrument specific term-and-conditions data into MSCI's risk and portfolio analytics tools.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc risk reports plus troubleshoot and escalate any production issues with analytics tools and the underlying analytics.
- Manage any client issues end-to-end right from providing zero level support to escalating it to the right teams within MSCI for the quick closure of these issues
- Engage with other Managed Solutions teams like Solutions Management, Implementation Services and Consultants in the region to work on joint projects/tasks aimed at servicing client requirements - ad-hoc or contractual
- Conduct regular monthly calls with the client and act as a single point of contact for the client. Explain report content and risk analytics to the client; therefore, he or she must understand the main principles of risk management and be well versed in valuation theory of financial instruments, ranging from plain vanilla types to derivative products.
How we'll support you
- 5 - 7 years of experience in the investment industry with a focus in risk, operations or system implementation; managerial experience preferred
- Degree in Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, or related disciplines. Post graduate degree or industry certifications like CFA/FRM strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in a global financial institution that requires collaboration across locations and time zones
- Experience in the investment sector in the Japanese region with good knowledge of valuation of fixed income instruments and plain and complex derivatives instruments.
- Excellent knowledge of major market risk measurements like VaR, duration, Greeks, stress testing etc.
- Background in risk management, systems integration, and/or financial reporting will be preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good client-facing skills.
- Multi-lingual: Strong Japanese and English-speaking skills. The candidate will have to engage with both local Japanese clients as well as the MSCI teams globally, based out of multiple locations.
- Experience in risk/performance groups or client-facing quantitative financial service providers will be a plus.
About MSCI and our teams:
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community. To all recruitment agencies:
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.