SWIFT Field Engineer
About The Role
The SWIFT APAC Services division is looking for an experienced, professional and talented individual to strengthen the Japanese team footprint of SWIFT's flagship messaging interface Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH). As an AMH Field Engineer, you will play a crucial role in each project by delivering the software to the customer, supporting the customer during testing and installation phases and eventually bringing the solution in production. Concepts like change management and configuration management will need to be applied while delivering the implementation into complex, active/active bank environments with demanding performance and resiliency requirements. A keen eye for detail, a process oriented attitude and strong analytical skills are your strengths. Responsibilities Responsibilities
- Contribute to implementation for the integration and routing aspects of the projects by working in close liaison with customer stakeholders, the AMH solution architect and the AMH development team.
- Create and maintain the project package and installation guide as well as own the process of tracking configuration changes and creating release notes. Be the expert in AMH configuration management and share knowledge within the team and with the bank's IT staff during projects.
- Lead and follow up on daily meetings with the bank during their installation and testing, and track open items using tools such as JIRA (Change Management) and Salesforce.
- Resolve and report on customer/vendor queries and problems of medium to large complexity. Troubleshoot and quickly diagnose less complex problems in accordance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA)/ key performance indicators and propose measures to prevent recurrence.
- Provide support on all technical problems within own area of expertise, through the provision of telephone or online support. Work with the customer/vendor/partners to establish the root cause of problems and provide end-to-end service support, retaining ownership of a case, by resolving it individually or escalating it - in accordance with the SLA.
- Maintain client relationships and build client satisfaction with designated customers by performing regular health checks of their operational environment and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Continuously improve the SWIFT internal tooling for packaging and version control.
- May require shift, after office hours and/or weekend duty and the candidate must be willing to travel.
- A University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in similar roles with preferably experience in either consultancy within messaging middleware or SWIFT systems, either in operating similar systems while being eager to expand horizons.
- Sound knowledge of operating (financial) messaging platforms such as SWIFT Alliance Access, SWIFT Alliance Gateway, IBM Websphere Message Broker or Oracle.
- Fluent in English and Japanese; other Asian languages will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of Linux, Unix (AIX, Solaris) and Windows, and of Java technology.
- Decent knowledge of protocols and technology standards: network technologies (TCP/IP), XML, database (Oracle, SQL) and security technologies (SSL, certificate management).
- Experience in most of the following:
- Ant, Maven or equivalent build tool.
- JIRA, Saleforce or equivalent issue management tool.
- Confluence or other Wiki style knowledge sharing tool.
- Bitbucket, GIT or other version control system.
- Jenkins, Hudson or other packaging system.
- Experience in working with Amazon EC2 and Docker is an asset.
- Excellent communication, coordination and planning skills.
- Be able to work under pressure at customer location.
Company & department description
- A team player, willing to work in a multicultural environment, seek help when required and provide help when being requested by customer or colleagues.
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative through which the financial world conducts its business operations with speed, certainty and confidence. More than 11,000 financial institutions and corporations in over 200 countries trust us every day to exchange millions of standardized financial messages.
SWIFT, headquartered in Belgium with around 35 offices worldwide, has a unique corporate mind-set, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. Our employees are the foundation of this success. If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, then explore the vast opportunities and rewards that are waiting for you here at SWIFT.