SWIFT Senior Developer Consultant
About The Role
The role is mostly about applying advanced configuration on SWIFT's Alliance Messaging Hub product in the context of a large and challenging customer project. You will be part of a project team which is spread around APAC and comprises 15-20 members. Responsibilities
As a development consultant, you are expected to bring expertise in the area of detailed design
of components within the AMH application. The final solution will need to integrate within the customers' messaging middleware and as a development consultant the implementation of each functional requirement needs to operate in that context. The development consultant will work with the AMH solution architect, with the AMH implementation consultants, the AMH requirements engineer, as well as the Test teams.
The input to the development consultant will be the Functional Requirement specification (FRS) and Overall Design Document (ODD) that meets the functional requirements and describes a solution that is in line with the AMH architecture. The first task will be to analyse/review the assigned ODD component and ensure it is a complete and correct design of the related requirement.
After the design, the development consultant has to implement the solution using the designer tools the AMH product offers. AMH can be considered as Development framework that allows advanced technical configuration. These are a mix of workflow design using a BPM tool, transformations using a graphical designer, but as well scripting (Ant / bash), SQL and Java based components.. Within the team, the development consultant needs to timely deliver the components so they can be packaged and implemented by an onsite AMH implementation consultant. In some cases the development consultant needs to go onsite with the implementation consultant to support the integration and configuration management. Responsibilities
- Understand functional requirements and overall solution.
- Implement AMH Configuration based on Detailed design documentation
- This entails to critically analyze and validate the design, ensuring it covers all possible scenario's as outlined in the FRS
- Configure AMH as per the design
- Unit test the configuration
- Export configuration and safe store in Master repository using configuration management tools.
- Ensure the design and implementation follow the best practices in using AMH design tools
- Support internal and external test team when issues are reported or when clarification is needed
- Handover sessions towards Test teams or customers may be required
- A University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 4 to 6 years' experience in similar roles with preferably experience in either consultancy within messaging middleware or SWIFT systems, either in operating similar systems while being eager to expand horizons.
Professional knowledge and experience
Company & department description
- Strong analytical skills and critical mindset.
- A candid yet solid team oriented spirit, able to understand processes while applying common sense is essential
- Sound Java, XML and SQL knowledge.
- Strong communication skills with very good English both written and spoken.
- Knowledge and command of Japanese is additional asset
- Sound knowledge of protocols and technology standards: network technologies, XML, database, MQ, SFTP and security technologies.
- Experience of working in consultancy or working against delivery deadlines is important.
- Experience in interpreting formal structured software engineering methodologies such as analysis, design and modelling (UML) is preferred.
- Knowledge of (financial) messaging platforms is preferred.
- Experience in Ant and bash is an asset.
- Experience in JIRA and GIT is an asset.
- Experience in Amazon EC2 and Hudson is an asset.
- Knowledge of SWIFT products and services is an asset.
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10.500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT. The Product
Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH) is a flexible, multi-network, high-volume financial messaging software that is targeted at large financial institutions with particularly intricate integration requirements. AMH is perfectly suited for banks that are looking for a highly available, customisable and scalable platform that meets their operational requirements while being cost effective at the same time.
The AMH technology is modular and can handle in parallel, financial transaction messages for various networks, enabling extensive throughput combined with sophisticated data management. The end result is high straight through processing rates with increased agility and efficiency
With its variety of network adapters, its Business Process Management (BPM) tool, and open standards support, AMH allows routing between different messaging services seamlessly. It is the platform for future development.
AMH can be considered as Development framework that allows advanced technical configuration. These are a mix of workflow design using a BPM tool, transformations using a graphical designer, but as well scripting (Ant / bash), SQL and Java based components..