- Base + Bonus
- Tokyo, Tōkyō, Japon
- CDI, Plein-temps
- MSCI Hong Kong Ltd
- 02 nov. 17 2017-11-02
Analytic Sales Specialists are responsible for maintaining existing client relationships as well as new business development for Analytic products for Asset Owners, Consultants and Asset Managers in Japan.
The role entails positioning and closing sales and renewals of Barra and RiskMetrics multi-asset class risk management and analytics software tools. These tools utilize multi-factor and valuation models and provide risk forecasting, performance attribution, stress-testing and portfolio optimization solutions. Analytic Sales Specialists use their knowledge of the investment management process, modern portfolio theory, client/prospect organizations, and competitive solutions to identify and close Analytic sales opportunities.
This role requires involvement in all aspects of the sales cycle and accounts including relationship building and management, product demonstrations, contract negotiation and sales closing. In this role, individuals will also work closely with MSCI’s Global Client Service, Client Consultant, Marketing, Product Management, and Finance departments.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
Total relationship management involving:
- Strategic territory and account planning to identify and close sales opportunities
- Achieve targeted revenue goals
- New and existing product placement
- Solicit and internally communicate client feedback regarding new product development and initiatives
- Answer detailed client inquiries about products and methodologies
- Attend and host relevant industry events
- Work with other departments (Client Service, Consulting, Legal, Finance, etc.) to ensure that all client requests / inquiries are managed appropriately
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of modern portfolio theory and the investment process
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Sales closing and relationship management skills
- Understanding of, and experience with, major global institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Pension Plans, and Consultants
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
- Business level English and Japanese
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in sales
- Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA, Master’s Degree and/or CFA charter holder a plus