Technical Project Manager
- Tokyo, Tōkyō, Japon
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 18 nov. 18
Technical Project Manager
Within MarkitSERV FX we offer a range of functionality and platforms across front office, middle office and back office functions. This includes multiple FX post trade processing systems as well as trading systems. Our solutions range from centralised industry platforms such as broker affirmations, clearing and options confirmations, to bespoke enterprise software. The FX Business Analyst product team is responsible to help define business requirements, detail the functional specifications and drive the product internally.
IHSMarkit is seeking a hybrid Business Analyst / Project Manager to manage a multi-million dollar Post Trade FX solution in Japan.
This is a technical role that is business driven and client facing, and will give the successful candidate the opportunity to work closely with our clients and business teams to define the functional specifications and provide detail to the internal departments across the organisation. The candidate will also be working with a collection of leading edge applications and Greenfield development. As part of the role, the candidate will also be accountable for managing the client relationship including being accountable for planning and executing implementation tasks.
This position is aimed at a business analyst with strong implementation experience in FX in Japan markets. The successful candidate will be process oriented and have a thorough understanding of product development lifecycle.
Duties & accountabilities
Put together detailed functional specifications that define the required workflows, logic and functionality
Prioritize platform enhancements and design new functional solutions for the FX platforms
Meet with business teams and clients to gather business requirements
Provide guidance internally to development to build and deliver the product
Provide guidance to internal testing and UAT teams with respect to the creation of test plans and scripts
Act as the client facing project manager, including working with the project program manager to help plan and communicate the projects schedule, risks and scope.
Education and experience
- University graduate or equivalent.
- Proven experience in FX.
- Business Analyst Experience.
- Prior Financial Services IT experience is a must
- Proven implementation experience with involvement of multiple teams and possibly vendors.
- Strong understanding of technology, design principals and solution architecture.
- Proven understanding of wide range of technology, protocols (FIX, TOF, etc) and workflows utilised of FX trading and processing
- Expertise in relation to clearing and collateral management.
- Knowledge of the Financial FX standards desirable.
- Awareness of Trade Processing desirable.
- Analytical background desirable.
- Business integration experience desirable.
- Competence in liaising with Product, Delivery, Project Managers, Development and Operations stake holders.
- Ability to interact and negotiate productively with strong personalities across the technology and business domain.
- Able to facilitate and drive meetings where required and ensure decisions/actions are captured, communicated and tracked.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.