iShares Marketer, Associate, Japan
Description About this role iShares at BlackRock:
iShares unlocks opportunity across markets to meet the evolving needs of investors. With more than twenty years of experience, a global line-up of 900+ exchange traded funds (ETFs) and US$2.24 trillion in assets under management as of December 31, 2019, iShares continues to drive progress for the financial industry. iShares funds are powered by the expert portfolio and risk management of BlackRock, trusted to manage more money than any other investment firm. Overview:
This role is responsible for developing and executing marketing initiatives to meet objectives of the iShares APAC business with a focus on Japan. It involves working closely with other members of the marketing team and stakeholders across the business to promote BlackRock's capabilities to institutional, wealth and intermediary investors, and other associated audiences.
Key areas of focus are driving to develop marketing programs with the Japanese marketing team, developing marketing communications and executing them across the marketing mix including digital, events, direct marketing, sales tools, social etc. In addition, the role will have regional responsibility, assisting with coordinating the development and distribution of iShares content in APAC. Key responsibilities:
- Channel marketing - working cross-functionally with colleagues across the marketing team to deliver marketing programs to support business growth or deepening existing client relationships across all segments of the target audience.
- Content marketing - creation and administration of content on websites, promotions, e-mail newsletters and other marketing communications to support the business - add new content, improving the copy, and keeping the content fresh and relevant. Working with key content stakeholders to ensure content is consistent.
- Product marketing - working on new product enhancements and launches, integrating messaging across all marketing channels (events, emails, client communications, collateral, digital, PR etc.)
- Content management - assisting with the development and distribution of iShares content for both Japan and the broader APAC region. Helping to source global content and localize for relevant APAC markets and create local content in conjunction with channel marketers. Manage distribution of content in Japan.
- Event management - plan and manage proprietary events and 3rd party event sponsorship and provide support to events being run for the business in Japan
- Conducting timely and insightful analysis of the results of all marketing activity to demonstrate the value it is delivering for the business and identify areas for continued enhancement and cost savings.
- Build a strong working relationship with the regional/global counterparts to leverage broader iShares marketing activity for the local market.
- Process improvement - identify ways to improve the efficiency of the marketing team and champion this change.
You will report to the Head of Marketing for ETF Business, Institutional Client Business in Japan. Our ideal candidate is:
Experience must encompass:
- Curious: you're always looking to learn, and aren't afraid to ask "why?"
- Solutions oriented: you're adaptable, and imaginative when it comes to solving problems or bringing new ideas to the table
- Collaborative: you lean in as a team player, and foster a culture of co-creation
- Analytical: you have the ability to analyse complex data sets, understand patterns, and identify and effectively communicate actionable insights
- User oriented: you put the target user at the center of everything you do
- Open: You value and respect feedback from others
- Passionate: you take pride in your work, and aspire to do better
- Marketing generalist with 3-4 years' experience.
- A self-starter who is motivated to become a key contributor to this small and busy team. A collegiate team-player who is proactive, adaptable, resourceful and reliable.
- An interest in asset management and financial services - experience in asset management industry is an advantage, but not mandatory.
- Experience across different marketing channels, including digital marketing, email marketing, events and sales support.
- Strong business acumen and results orientation.
- Analytical - ability to collate and interpret metrics to build recommendations for enhancing activity.
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills are key with the ability to work well within a matrix structure.
- Strong organisational, time management and project management skills, including the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage several projects concurrently.
- Native Japanese communications skill, both written and verbal, with English proficiency required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline e.g. Marketing, Communications or Business preferred.
- Experience with email marketing tools such as Eloqua would be advantageous, but not essential.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.