Senior Software Developer / Développeur
Murex is a recognized global leader in software development for trading, risk management and processing. Every day banks, asset managers, corporations and utilities, across the world, rely on Murex people and Murex solutions to support their capital markets activities. Our motto "pioneering again" sums it all up: since its creation, Murex has reinvented itself time and again to adapt to capital markets revolutions - each time offering innovative software solutions to the industry.
Over 2300 specialists are located across our 17 offices: Beijing, Beirut, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Moscow, New York, Paris, Sao Paulo, Santiago, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto.
You will be joining our team as a senior software developer where you will be involved in the design and refinement of new requirements, as well as setting up plans to manage and evolve existing coding practices. You are expected to be self-driven, easily adapt to continuously evolving requirements, and collaborate across teams on larger streams. Your impact will have significant visibility across the entire Murex organization as well as existing Murex clients' base. Your Responsibilities
- Collaborate within your team and with product management/architecture teams to deliver high quality features.
- Understand existing code line, and propose technical enablers to evolve it (refactoring streams, quality streams, technical stack upgrades...)
- Be actively involved in technical design, code reviews, pair programming, and technical support.
- Be an advocate of agile and DevOps practices (automation, test driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery...), and propose ways to improve our existing processes.
- Bachelors or Master's in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- 5 to 10 years of full-stack or backend experience using modern Java (8+).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and proficiency in English.
- Thorough understanding of clean code practices and design patterns.
- Experience evolving and maintaining complex applications, with focus on advanced topics such as concurrency, security, performance, memory management, scalability, and robustness.
- Previous experience working in an agile team and familiarity with XP, Scrum and SAFe.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices, source code management tools, automation servers, build systems, and static code analysis tools.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases,
- Experience with deploying to Linux environments.