- Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, Lituanie
- CDI, Plein-temps
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
Lieu de travail : Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, LituanieJoin the Engineering & Platform Support team and you'll work at the highest systems level to provide expert advice and counsel to users, management and IT project teams for systems of the most complex nature (typically crossing function/location lines). Evaluate new technologies and develop departmental standard practices. Recognized as technical expert within the department and demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and guidance to technical and non-technical associates. Identify or react to problems related to the technology infrastructure or in support of the software development process. Demonstrate a broad knowledge level across multiple areas of information technology. May be involved as a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology issues.
- Creates a vision that connects engineering strategies to the big picture and sets action plans accordingly
- Displays forward thinking and resourcefulness
- Exhibits technical proficiency and innovations
- Partners with application development and infrastructure teams to align leading edge and leveraging strategies.
- Work with Security team to ensure system configurations are in compliance with security policies and controls standards.
- Create technology efficiency and new capabilities through the use of automation
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive clarity and actions
- Ability to summarize complex technical and business issues to the appropriate audience
- Ability to work with a variety of development environments and platforms
- Ability to participate in teams across organizations to solve business and technical issues
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize work
- Provide end to end ownership of technology products that includes complete lifecycle
- Propose and implement medium to large scale system deployment (hardware, OS and cloud platforms)
- Support new and existing deployments through the analysis of metrics, logs, system alarms etc… to troubleshoot problems and perform preventative maintenance on the various products.
- Create new tools and automation of existing ones to improve efficiency of product maintenance
- Analyzes, acquires, installs, modifies and supports operating systems.
- Conducts highly complex systems automation/scripting and systems support activities, including system integration and monitoring.
- Create design documentation for new products and procedures.
- Maintain existing documentation of systems processes and procedures.
- Facilitate outage restoration calls to access application impact, notify the business, and restore system issues.
- Responsible to document issue summary, provide root cause analysis, and implement remediation actions.
- Work closely with L3 and L2 support groups to develop, plan, and implement system enhancements and upgrades.
- Be available for L3 escalation requests.
- S/BA, (Education may be substituted for increased years in experience on a year-for-year basis).
- Extensive experience working with enterprise Linux environments scaling beyond 2000+ systems.
- Extensive knowledge with enterprise Server Operating Systems such as RHEL 6/7, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies for server OS, including clustered solutions.
- Experience and understanding of OS lifecycle management and secure system configurations.
- Experience with patch management tools.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the use of Satellite Server
- Experience and ability to drive the adoption of automation to processes
- Require strong automation and scripting Shell is required.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
- Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting server OS issues (CPU, Memory and I/O).
- Experience working with both standalone and blade server technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Experience with AWS Cloud and Azure offerings.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise NAS/SAN technologies.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise clustering technologies.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and processes (Lean, Agile).
- Strong knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes
- Ability to create "Run Books", defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting of the infrastructure.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.